44 (2)

Patrick's POV

"I really feel guilty…"

"Why though? It's not even your fault."

We're currently spending our break here in the lounge and at this moment, the three of us were talking about what happened last night.

"You said that while you're waiting outside, Daniel appeared. You two talked casually and it's just quick, as a cab arrive and as soon as the cab you're riding on moved, the rain poured. You felt pity for Daniel who's standing in the same position and also will ride his motorcycle." I nod at Nine who spoke again.

"I agree, it's not your fault though, you're not the one who chose to ride a motorcycle." it's Liu Yu

"He's wearing a shirt. It's cold and think of it, he's riding his motor and will surely catch a cold" I said as a defense.

"So what's your point then?" Nine said in all seriousness.

"I should've let him lend my jacket that time."

"Why would you do that, wait- do you still like him?!"

"No! Wha… what are you saying?!"

Nine and my voice suddenly raise making Liu Yu panic a little.

"Shush it, all of the students are now looking," we ignore him and continue smashing each other with our own words.

"Then why do you want to give him your jacket? Let me remind you, Patrick, you two weren't even friends? Now you're giving your things to a stranger?"

"We're once friends. He's not a stranger, it's just I feel pity for his situation,"

"He's big enough, he can handle himself and he also has friends, right?"

I sighed. This conversation will just keep going round and round unless one of us accept its defeat. I know that Nine wouldn't stop until he proves he's right and, to be honest, he does have a point. Daniel cut our 'friendship' back then, why bother to let him borrow my things?

"Hmm, speaking of that immortal devil," Nine was looking at something making Liu YU turn his head.

Out of curiosity, I also turn my head in the direction where they're looking. A cold slashed on my heart as nervousness passed through it.

The trade of looks didn't even last for a minute when he suddenly run away. He's weird, does he become mad because of the cold?

"I guess there's nothing to worry about, look, he seems fine and he can even run like that. So, Patrick, you shouldn't feel guilty or pity, he's functioning well." Nine proudly said and I just puffed an air.

I don't think so, I'm scared he really turned into a madman.

Fast forward…

My class for this day and I'm finally done. It's still early to go out so I thought of chilling at the lake for a while. Maybe to breathe some fresh air after a stressful day.

As I arrive at the place, the wind blew on my face. I close my eyes as I felt calm and relaxed. This place really is a stress reliever. Maybe I should sit for a while to enjoy the ambience.

I then put a blanket under the same tree. The tree that witnessed those kinds of memories back then.

I exhaled an air to prevent myself from reminiscing. I don't want to look back at those times, it will just bring some bitterness that will ruin the mood.

"Hmm,"

In the middle of chilling, a groan suddenly came from nowhere. I gulped so hard and keep myself alert.

"Hmm,"

It's another groan and I'm now sure it was not from some monsters or weird creatures. It's a groan from a person.

I then wandered my eyes around to look for the person, curious who could it be?

"Hmm,"

I looked up the tree, it feels like the sound came from the branch of the tree. It took me a minute until I found a guy sleeping on the branch.

The guy who has a habit of sleeping on the thick branch didn't mind if he fall or what, all he knew is lying up there is comfortable for him.

"Daniel, you're still the same person,"

I didn't know that he still go to this place. I thought he'll never go back here ever again. I'm wrong alright, I often stay here and didn't even see some trace o him that's why.

Knowing that Daniel's staying here and he arrived first, I then make way and leave him. I also feel the need to leave so I'll leave him alone and let the blanket spread on the ground so he'll avoid some scratch in case he'll fall.

Past five in the noon and I'm currently sitting here on the waiting shed outside the school. It's almost an hour since I am dismissed and is waiting here for Liu Yu to pick me up. He told me earlier that we three will roam around the mall to do our leisure.

While waiting, I decided to check my phone. It keeps on vibrating for about ten minutes and it's still like that. Someone is spamming me and I already know who it was.

 Someone is spamming me and I already know who it was

With that, my phone then turned off suddenly

With that, my phone then turned off suddenly. My phone is dead, it was drained and I didn't realize that it was fighting for its life while I was busy talking to AK.

Now how will I contact Liu Yu? I shouldn't panic though, it's still five-thirty, everything's fine.