23

Patrick's POV

The next day

*Alarm sound*

I groaned as I reached for my phone at the bedside table. I'm still sleepy, last night we stayed till quarter to twelve.

I looked at the time and it's already six, I have a class at seven so I only have an hour to prepare, if I extend my sleep for five minutes, I won't be able to attend my first class and I don't want that so I immediately stood up and fix my bed. One eye was still close as I walk to the bathroom and took a shower. A cold shower helped me to wake up but my eyes feel itchy, I still need to sleep.

After almost an hour, I'm now ready and Nine and Liu Yu was already outside, waiting. We'll go to school together this day because we have a seven am class.

"You brought two bags, huh"  my brows furrowed at Nine's sentence.

"No, it's three in total," this time it's Liu Yu, "Look at your eyebags," he gave me a small mirror and I did what he said, it's really big and visible, what the-

"Ugh, I'll just take a nap here and also later," I answered and the two didn't speak so I just took a nap for a while.

Fast forward

"Ugh I'm really sleepy," I whispered and Liu Yu on my side looked at me.

It's my vacant and I'm with Liu Yu in the library. I already finished two of my classes and that was freaking hard. Two hours of fighting with my eyes.

"Use this, I forgot to give it to you," he then gave me a bottle of analgesic oil, it smells nice and it made me feel better but to be honest that won't help me completely.

"Thank you for this, but I think I really need to sleep," I still get the bottle and apply a little on my temples.

"But you can't sleep here, or else the librarian will kick you out," he said and I nodded. I told him that I'll go to the lake and take a nap there.

"Or clinic rather, it's comfier there," I shook my head as fast as I could. There's no way I'll go to the clinic. I don't like how clinic and hospital smells. And I'm scared of some things that are related to hospitals.

"Okay then, I have a throw pillow in my car, do you have a blanket or something?" I nodded and just told him that it's fine. I might sleep for a couple of hours if I have a pillow.

We then now bid goodbyes and I started to proceed to the lakeside at the back of our school. Today is a cloudy day so the wind was kind of cold and you will really feel sleepy.

But then when I turned my head and looked at the common tree where I always stay on.

There's a blanket, and…

"Daniel," I whispered under my breath when I saw him sleeping, he also placed a blanket, used his bag as a pillow. His hand was underneath his head. He's sleeping peacefully and I can't help but stare for a while, not even making any movement or noise so that I won't disturb his sleep.

"Hey," after a while I heard his voice, it sounds sleepy, it's a little raspy. I gulped and pursed my lips. He's now awake and he immediately rose.

"Sorry I interrupted your sleep," he scratched his eyes and cover his mouth when he yawned. We really look awful today, our eyes were carrying bags.

"It's fine, you're taking a nap here too?" He asked, tilting his head up to look at me. I'm still standing and don't know when to sit.

"Uhh yeah," I scratched the back of my head, feeling awkward.

"We can share the blanket, come here." He patted the extra space, he really brought a big blanket that can be occupied by two people.

I stiffly sat down and placed my bag on the blanket, it serves as my pillow too. I also brought my blanket but it's too late to tell him. His wide blanket was already enough, also there has a wide space between us so it's fine.

"I'm sorry for taking you out so late last night," he said as we lay on the blanket. We're staring at the leaves of the tree, obviously, our back was lying flat on the blanket.

"It's okay, at least we have fun," I answered.

"My head is kind of aching," he said out of the blue so I immediately get up, he looked at me at my sudden move.

"Why you didn't stay at the clinic instead?"

"You too,"

"I don't like clinics,"

"Same,"

I didn't speak. I don't know what to say,

"You don't have a class?" He spoke again and I just nodded. "I told my prof that I'm sick," he added making me feel confused. Why he's telling me that.

Then on I remembered the small bottle that Liu Yu gave me. I know it also helps to soothe headaches.

"This," I gave him the bottle and he just hold it, brows furrowed.

"It's a rubbing ointment, help yourself," I told him but he gave it to me.

"I don't like oily stuff on my hand but thank you for your concern," this guy is kind of hard-headed.

"Then I'll just help you,"

There I slapped, punched, kicked and murder myself in my mind. What hell is even that, why are you so-

His reaction was shocked at first but it disappeared immediately and he smiled. I blinked twice and my mouth was slightly opened. What should I do?

But then on, after of debating with myself. I decided to apply some on his temples too. He's now sitting, facing me. I started to rub it gently on his skin and we're freaking close to each other! The silence between us was so long. I can feel the pumping inside my chest and can barely hear our breathing and heartbeats.

I secretly take a sudden peek at his face, his eyes were closed so my peek turned into a stare, a long stare.

But split second and he opened his eyes, he caught me staring at him but then on he fought my stare. Our eyes met and my fingers suddenly stopped moving. I can't feel that I'm breathing, it's like I'm just a floating dead body, I can't feel anything.

After a few seconds, he then broke the staring game. He looked away making me do the same. I covered the bottle of analgesic oil with its cap and then put it inside my bag.

I dropped myself on the blanket after and shifted my position, my back was facing him so I don't know where is he looking now.

A minute, a couple, three, four, and five. I decided to change positions and he's now sleeping. We're facing each other and he looks like in a deep sleep. The ointment was effective.

I just keep on looking at his sleeping face as I start to close my eyes and dreamland started to engulf my consciousness.