68

Patrick's POV

I'm checking on myself for the last time when I saw Nine's tweet

I'm checking on myself for the last time when I saw Nine's tweet. I'm still in my apartment and preparing to surprise him.

As per that night when Daniel asked me to celebrate New Year with him, I told him about the other invites. He just said it was okay and it's up to me who to celebrate with, it's all fine.

Now, I have the address where to go, I hailed a cab and let out an air. I have my phone and a small present with me that I should've made for Christmas but I'm so in denial that's why it's prolonged up to New Year's Eve. The letter was just a simple letter that contains the answer to the question that I also keep on asking myself all the time.

It's such a relief to finally get out of the confused zone. I'm now happy that I'm not afraid anymore, just his assurance, everything feels so safe.

Then, after a few minutes of the drive, I'm now standing in front of this big house where I need to tilt my head upwards to see everything. It's lively, there are lots of Christmas decors and light outside, outshining the neighborhood which is simple yet beautiful too.

I exhaled an air and then pressed the doorbell, after a few rang someone came out and it was a mid-forties woman. She's dressed simply. She doesn't seem to be related to him.

"Hello sir, correct me if I'm wrong but you're Patrick right?" She asked and I nodded full of respect.

"Oh, he's waiting for you inside! He thought you're not going, you're right on time!" The lady said in delight as she lead the way.

The house is freaking huge, I swear. It's bigger than Oscar's house!

"Come in, come in. Don't be shy, he's upstairs. I'll just call him," she said and pointed at the couch letting me sit on it.

As she disappeared, I wander my eyes around. It's so Christmas-y here inside. A giant Christmas is standing from afar and their living room is wide that I guess would be hard to find something you misplaced.

Just a few seconds, I can now hear footsteps and I turned my head to the grand staircase and saw him looking at me full of shock. He didn't expect me to come and I indeed surprised him.

I rose from my seat and look at him with a smile. He was still flabbergasted to see me as he quickly went down that grand staircase.

He didn't let any second waste and immediately walk towards me and occupied the remaining space by hugging me so tight. I closed my eyes as a wide smile spread on my lips. Same old, same old, I can feel his heartbeat against mine.

"You're here, this is real," he loosened the hug and look at me.

"Yes I'm here, I'm not fake. We will welcome the new year, Daniel,"

"God knows how I want to hug and kiss you right now but I can't, not this time. Come on, I'll introduce you to my mom, she wants to meet you!" he said and we went to the dining room.