39 (2)

Fast forward…

"So you're saying that you found this thing at that place for like more than a month? And you forgot that you kept it?"

"Yeah"

I scratched my neck when Yetao pursed his lips as he nod.

"How can you say that this is Patrick's"

"I don't know, I just felt that it's his,"

"Like uhm, you just know what your loved one's preference or what"

"Hmm"

"!!!"

My hand quickly flew to my mouth when his chinky eyes open wide. We're both shocked at what I replied.

"Uh I'm just… I didn't hear those two words clearly so I just hummed absentmindedly," I shut my mouth tightly as I lie so bad. That alibi was so lame that made this guy in front of me smirk.

"Okay okay, my class is about to start, I'll just ask if it's his and then if he asked who found it I'll just say that he should read his last entry?"

"Yep,"

"If that's all, then I have to go. I'll just message you the good news,"

"Thank you so much!"

"No biggie,"

The guy smiled at me and then turn his back starting to leave. I am still standing and didn't move. My fingers kept on fidgeting as I want to ask something to Hu Yetao but my tongue as if rolled to the back of my throat that I can't even afford to speak or even mumble.

"You know what, go and ask. I can feel your uneasiness behind me. Please I can't leave you like this,"

Yetao looked at me saying those lines. His arms were crossed when he started to walk back to my position.

"Go ask. I know some thoughts make you feel insane."

I sighed as I lower my head and kick the invisible stones on the ground.

"I uhm…"

"You what,"

There's a silence, a couple of minutes long, between us.

"These days, I've been experiencing this odd feeling. I don't know I always think about him. Non-stop,"

"Yeah and?"

"And every time I see him from afar, I felt like nervous. My heart was getting insane."

"That's just two reasons. Either you've done something wrong to that person, or…"

"Or what?"

"You love them,"

I didn't respond. It's like I am in my own world and there's no other person.

"If you don't have anything to ask, I'll leave you here,"

"Also a tip, stop denying or turning a blind eye, if you know what you feel admit it, embrace it. If you keep on pretending to be numb, you're just fooling yourself and end up losing that person. It's now or never,"

Then he's finally gone while I am left here spacing out.