24

A few days later...

After a while, the store calmed down and I can now control everything but still needs a company because I'll do restocking and there might be a customer at the cashier

Then on a tall guy arrived, he's wearing a casual outfit, blonde shaved headed guy, like what Nine described earlier.

He doesn't look like a guy who's used to jobs like this. He looks richer than our manager.

"Hi, you're the new staff?" He smiled and nodded at me. I expected a cool or bratty attitude but glad that he's nice.

"Yes, I'm Mika, good day," he offered me his hand as a handshake so I didn't hesitate to receive it.

After that, I asked him if he have done some jobs like this before and he said yes. I also told him to change his clothes to the staff's uniform, he then quickly went to the staff room to change.

"I'll just do the restocking," I almost jumped when Mika suddenly appeared beside me. He's now in his uniform.

"Okay, you're taller, it'll be easier especially on the higher spots," I said and he instantly go and start his work.

A few minutes passed…

"Good day, sir-" my voice faded when I saw Daniel enter the store. He looks good today, I mean not only today, he looks good always, but today, his aura was different.

"Hi," he said and I just smiled, he started to wander around to get the stuff he wants.

Then after that, another customer came,

"Good day… sir," My mood dropped down as soon as I remember the guy who entered. It's the blueberry-strawberry guy who has a bad life and chose to bug other people's peaceful life.

My brows almost met when he walked straight in front of me. He wandered his eyes to the items here in the cashier, I just observed his weird gestures.

"What are you looking for, sir?" My temper ran out, I'm getting dizzy and his head keeps on going left and right.

"I want a good bubblegum," he said, still looking at the gum corner.

"Take your time, sir,"

"Can you suggest,"

"I don't eat bubblegum,"

"You're not supposed to eat it,"

"I don't 'chew' bubblegum," I said gritting my teeth but my voice was still calm.

"Then what you think, just mint or some fruity flavour?" He asked, voice and face were serious but I think he's just messing with me indirectly.

"…"

"…."

We just stare at each other, my blank face was facing his smirking one. My head is hurting and I can feel it's about to burst because of blood boil.

"Then I'll buy this, this, this, this and this one," he said putting every flavour available at the surface.

I sighed and started to scan it but he stopped me,

"Wait, I'm not done yet," he said and looked at the treats corner.

"What brand tastes better?" He asked me.

"I don't know, I don't like chocolates," no you liar,

"Why?"

"They're so sweet,"

"Chocolates supposed to be sweet,"

"What about dark chocolate?"

"We're not talking about dark chocolates,"

Ugh! I surrender! This guy, he's so- I wanted to break his bones right here, right now.

"Ehem," then on the tension was interrupted with a fake cough.

There, Daniel was standing, carrying some snacks looks like he's standing there for too long and we didn't notice.

"I guess I'll just take the bubblegum," then I started to punch the gum and he paid and immediately leave the store which is good.

"You okay?" Daniel asked as I scan the snacks he bought. He also looked at the guy who had just come out of the store.

"Yeah, he's harmless don't worry. He's just living a bad life, messing with people to feel better, poor thing," he chuckled at my words that made me smile.

"Anyway, Oscar and I will hang out. Are you busy later? Let's go out three?"

"Where to?"

"Night market, the guy planned. He said he's jealous of us," I bit my lower lip at his last sentence. I'm stopping myself to smile or laugh.

"Okay…"

"It's weekend, so we won't have swollen eyes," he added and I didn't have any words to reply. I ran out of words again!

"So I'll just fetch you later,"

"What? I can commute,"

"It's hard to commute at night when we're to go to the night market, so is it okay?"

"Okay…"

We then bid goodbyes and he just said that he'll dm me later.