54

Patrick's POV

"I'd been liking a person for not that long time…"

I looked at the lake as a wrenching sensation started inside me. I really can't tell why my heart's clenching at what he said.

All of those assumptions drained and that's why I should've stopped assuming, so who's that person could be? Does this mean that he already moved on from Audrey?

Isn't it that quick? Also, I haven't seen him with another girl, how could it be?

Impossible. I'm not always on his side so why am I concluding again?

"I didn't know at first, but as I spend more time with that person, I slowly realize that it's not a shallow feeling. I always watch from afar and it's hurting me that I'm not on that person's side during the days that they needed a company,"

"I like that person very much, but I'm scared that person might reject me because that person found someone who's always on their side,"

I watched him as he force a smile but his eyes were gloomy.

So he really likes someone…

I shouldn't get sad. Why am I freaking upset? It's fine if it's an 'upset for Daniel because the one he like likes someone' but it is not! It's upsetting that I want to run and cry!

What is this Patrick?

"I'm sorry, I think I wrecked the vibes," he then became energetic like Oscar earlier.

"What are you saying again?" He glanced at me and I almost jump when he caught me with also a sad mood.

"Oh, about that,"

We changed, I feel more comfortable with you that I don't have to stay inside the box. I can let out all of my thoughts comfortably unlike in the past when I limit my actions. I always hide from you because I'm so scared you'll push me away!

But now, why do I feel like I'm getting rejected? You're hurting me again Daniel and I don't want to let you know that! Knowing that you already have someone you like, maybe I should put distance again.

"… uhh, it's really not a big deal. Let's just enjoy the ambience here and talk about other things," I said and the guy didn't respond or react.

"You know what, Nine almost grab our collars and kick us away out of the place. He's damn scary I swear,"

It's five pm and I'm currently at the mall with AK to do what I promised, that I'll help him find a gift.

"AK, care to tell me who's this someone you'll gift that you even need someone's help?"

The guy smirked at me, "you don't know, but I'll tell it to you next time,"

"What's the difference between telling now and next time?"

"For suspense, I guess? But you know what, you look exhausted. Let's go eat first. My treat."

He's right, I'm exhausted. First I went through Oscar's revelation, second, Daniel said he liked someone, and now this guy buying his someone a Christmas present.

I'm a hundred and one percent sure that I'm drained after this and I'll just sleep on the driveway in front of my apartment.

Roaming around the mall, glad that he let me pick where to eat and I chose a fast-food chain. If I let him pick, I think he'll pull me to an expensive restaurant that offers food that costs double my three-month salary.

"Here's the food," with a tray he's carrying. I'm also surprised he didn't buy too much and—

"Here sir," with the three crew on his back, my jaw dropped as I saw every crew hold two trays filled with various food.