56 (2)

Daniel's POV

"Huh, he'll bring someone," Oscar said as he slip his phone into his pocket.

"Who?" Santa asked from the other side, he's tacking the 'Merry Christmas' banner on the wall where the table for foods is located.

"Do it first and stop gossiping, I'm numbing here," Riki scolded him immediately as he's holding the foldable stair, preventing it to shake so Santa won't fall.

Now I'm wondering who is with him. I don't remember anyone close with him aside from his friends, Oscar, Hu Yetao and…

That AK guy. Could it be that AK guy?

It's fucking possible he'll bring him here! Knowing that the guy was like a shadow to him. It's a zero-point-zero-one hope for me, I guess.

"Patrick's on his way," it's Oscar

"It's a 'no rush' for him, it's still ten and I'm not done with the foods. Oscar help me here," Hu Yetao said, he's busy putting the platter on the table. Oscar immediately runs to him like an assistant.

Now I'm left alone here. I'm a freaking fifth wheel huh.

"Jiayuan's not coming?" I asked and just slack off on the sofa.

"I invited him, he rejected. He said he has some things to do. I heard he's dragged by his mother." Riki answered.

"Poor boy— oh Daniel, can you check if it's crooked or not," Santa said and I lazily stand across the wall and guide him on what to adjust. "It's damn perfect," I said after some few changes.

"Funny you're an extra here," he said as he landed on the ground.

"You're saying it too late," I replied.

"If I said it earlier, you'll kick the damn stair and I'll fall either with my butt first or my face first," he said and then after that, the doorbell buzzed on the whole place.

"He's here," all of them looked at me. Oscar and Hu Yetao attended to the door to welcome him and as the door open, all I can see is his face, the two blocked the doorway.

My palm is sweating and I don't know if it's fear or nervousness. Fear for turning my hypothesis into real and nervous that he'll celebrate Christmas with us. He's with me for the whole night!

"Patrick!" The other two, Santa and Riki, welcomed him too and now he's able to enter the place. I can see him whole.

They started to greet each other and I'm still nailed on where I'm standing. My sole and palms were sweating cold making my lips shiver and feel an adrenaline rush.

"Hello, kiddo,"

I then looked at them who's now talking to a—

A kid?! Patrick's with a kid?! Who is that? Where did it come from?

"Woah this house is big!" The kid then roams around cheerfully. All of them were now going back to their businesses. Oscar, Santa, and Riki were playing with the kid, Patrick was putting some presents under the giant tree and Hu Yetao was helping him.

"Dude. He brought a kid. Is he a… Dad?" Oscar then walk to me and whisper this so I elbowed him.

"Maybe it's his nephew,"

"Daddy!!!"

"What the—" Oscar covered my mouth when I exclaimed. The kid run to Patrick and called him daddy?!

Patrick look stunned for a bit but still talked to the kid.

He's a dad? How could it be…

I even thought that he'll bring the AK guy with him but he brought his child rather?! Am I dreaming? Somebody beat me until I wake up from this dream!