38

Daniel's POV

It's past eleven. I'm still awake.

My head is, again, clouded with different thoughts that if another wave happens, my brain will explode in no time.

I saw it earlier and I want to punch someone, in the face, damn hard.

So he's now living fine with that AK dude. It's good then, but there's this part of me that is fuming mad whenever I thought about it.

Why do I need to experience this complicated shit in my life? Okay, I deserve to suffer for being an asshole friend towards Patrick but why does it need to be like this?!

I sighed as if I'm carrying the whole world at my back. I then rose from my bed and walk lazily to my study table.

From the shelf on the side, my attention was caught by a strange notebook that was got 'sandwiched' by my thick books.

As my brows furrowed out of confusion, I grabbed it and looked at the cover. Suddenly, my expression came back to normal when a realization enlightened my mind.

It was the notebook that I saw at the back of our school.

I forgot to check this. It's been so long since I pick this up and I don't even have the time to give it back to the owner.

The front page has a label it's called a journal, printed naturally on the cover. I then started to wander around the notebook. It's indeed a journal!

I think the owner is a girl or something? The notebook is freaking clean and the handwritings were such an aesthetic.

Then on, I flipped to the next page, the owner was just narrating some scenes on their life. I keep on scanning the notes and then another realization hit me!

I immediately run to my phone and check my insta. On my story archives, I went back to those days and then I quickly found what I'm looking for.

It's confirmed and I fucking don't know what to feel!

The handwriting here in the diary was similar to Patrick's handwriting!

My heartbeat unconsciously raced. I don't know why it's pumping against my chest so hard. I feel like I'm crying or what.

Is it really possible that Patrick is the owner of this diary? But it's also possible it's two different people, they just have similar handwriting.

Ugh! I don't know, now I'm more confused! Maybe, if I return it to Patrick, I will be able to know if it's his when he accepts it.

But how will I give this back to him? He ran away last time I saw him, and even held another guy's arm! He's still mad at me, he just gonna ignore me.

Middle of thinking some ways, my phone vibrated for notification.

I smiled

I smiled. Maybe this is the time to talk to Patrick and apologize for everything I've done wrong.