43

Daniel's POV

A few days later after that incident, I'm still unable to recover from the feeling. It feels surreal thinking that he literally smiled at me.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at Riki who snapped at me. I just nod as an answer. Oscar and Santa on the other hand were talking about something that I don't know because I've been spacing out for a while without even realizing it.

"I already caught you four consecutive times like that these past few days, are you sure you're fine?"

"He's fine, he just can't believe that time,"

It's Oscar who answered.

"What is it?" Santa asked directly towards him.

"Go ask him,"

"There's no such thing you can squeeze on me," I said but the two smirked at me.

"We've been talking and talking here, I'll go buy some snacks,"

"Are you dodging? You're dodging," I threw Oscar a glare and I can't help but to pursed my lips to suppress the smile forming.

"Hey, this is your property, don't leave,"

I ignore him wearing my shoes and grabbing my keys.

"As if you do not feel at home here? I'll be back after twenty minutes,"

"Ok, timer starts now," I rolled my eyes as I shut the door, I even heard Santa and Oscar betting.

"I bet he'll come back after an hour," it's Santa

"One and a half," and Riki's joining this stupid bet too, huh.

"You all don't know our friend here, he'll buy snacks at 'that' store, he'll stay there until closing and will return when we're asleep," It's Oscar and I expected an exaggerated answer from him.

These people…

I just shook my head at their madness, teasing me to death, I'll just wait until the tables turn.

Then on, I puffed an air when I felt the cold wind tonight. I can already feel the Christmas season coming. Damn, I forgot to bring a jacket.

With no choice, I just wear my helmet and ride on my motorcycle, I started driving towards the store and it's really a bad idea to drive on a highway wearing a shirt. As soon as I reached the store, I am trembling and my palms were cold. I immediately went inside the infrastructure.

"Good evening, sir," I swallowed when someone greeted me from the cashier when I stepped inside.

With a faint smile, I nod once at the staff. It's not Patrick, maybe he's already home. I looked at my phone to check the time and it was almost seven.

I exhaled another air with my trembling lips, I still feel cold because of the AC of the store. I then just grab some random snacks so I can now go home.

"It's cold, you should bring some jacket,"

Like a dog, my ear as if rose when I heard a familiar voice near where I am. My mouth opened slightly, gasping for air because my heart is getting wild again.

"Stop scolding me, Patrick. I'm riding a taxi, it's not like I'll catch a cold that easy,"

"You have a point, though. But you still need to bring one, just in case,"

Slowly, the voice toned down which means they already left. I then rushed everything and grab the things I think we need and quickly walk towards the door. I stopped for a while when I saw them standing near my motorcycle. After some time, a taxi stopped in front of them and Nine opened the door then ride, with quick goodbyes, the vehicle then move leaving Patrick alone.

With what I saw, I grabbed the chance to go to my motor, thinking that we can possibly talk casually. The chance of us talking is like a pinch but I don't care, I shouldn't waste this moment.

"Sir, you haven't paid yet,"

I was about to push the door when the staff on the counter spoke. I looked at my hand carrying the item and then bit my lower lip as I turn my head to the person who was kind of worried.

This is embarrassing.

I quickly paid towards the counter and placed everything on the surface.

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of absent-minded today," I said scratching my nape.

A minute and I already paid for the snacks. Holding the plastic bag, I'm now outside the store, another level of coldness welcomed me again making me utter a 'brrr'.

It's a relief when Patrick's still here. I acted like I didn't notice him and just walk casually to my motor.

Patrick took a few minutes before he notice another person's presence. I'm now holding my helmet when he turned his head to me. The guy was stunned for a moment and then turned calm when he noticed me.

"Uhh, hey," I awkwardly said with a more awkward chuckle. This acting is not a good idea.

"Hi…"

The air is now heavy. I can't breathe properly! He tilted his body, making me see his side view, so he can talk properly if I'll respond again or open a conversation.

Clowning, he didn't turn his back to me and he even changed his posture! Or it might be for convenience so he won't just turn his head from time to time as we talk.

"You're here for so long, aren't you?" What the fuck is that kind of question?!

"Not too long,"

"Oh, you're waiting for a cab?"

"Hmm,"

"Do you wa…"

My voice faded as I decided to stop talking. Now I am offering a ride, just the two of us, on my motorcycle. This is insane, Daniel. Now, I want you to shut your impulsive mouth.

"Uhmm, It's col-" his sentence was also cut when a taxi stopped in front of us. What a good timing.

"I have to go," ignoring the unfinished sentence earlier, he then say these words casually and get inside the cab. As soon as he was sitting comfortably, the vehicle then started to move.

I took a glance on the window and then saw him looking at me too. He quickly looked away and the taxi finally left.

Just right after he left, a heavy rain then poured down making my whole body went in an instant, it's like the heavens poured a bucket of water on me so I will wake up from this dream.

"What. the. fuck."

I uttered and then quickly ran to the nearest shed and called my friends but they were unreachable. I don't have any choice so I drive home with my motorcycle, while the damn rain showering me.

safety net (kepat au)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें