55 (2)

Patrick's POV

It's quiet, so quiet. You can only hear the clanking of the utensils against the plate. The atmosphere was so heavy that I'm scared to create a single noise.

Mika and Liu Yu have these shocking glances. If Daniel and AK have the flaring glares, then these two has an electric current and sparks every time they meet glances. It made both Nine and I shrink to our seats.

"Ehem," Liu Yu then faked a cough. "What is it you're about to tell us Nine?"

The tensed Nine straighten to his seat and gulped first before speaking.

"It's not that big deal… can we just talk about something let's not let this lower the vibes—" he didn't even get to finish when his phone rang like a massive storm was about to come. He has weird likings in terms of notification sound.

"I'll just answer that," he said and leave the table for his phone in the living room.

The three of us here left and the two still exchanging death glares as if murdering each other inside their minds. Now, I can't help but to stick my nose.

"What's really happening here? Please somebody enlighten me what's going on or I'll lose my mind," I said and then Mika gave me his attention.

"Well, for I know that you'll be considerate and you're the most person to believe this, not throwing you negative words, but this friend of yours has a walnut heart, he didn't even dare to listen,"  my brows knitted on his long intro which was supposed to throw at Liu Yu who's now rolling his eyes.

"So this happens, Nine ran out of gas while cooking and the one he called which is the regular took a day-off so their shop was closed Nine didn't have any choice but to call for help and he chose me first because I can fix things like this. I bought a tank and assemble it on my own, I even helped him cook and refuse his invite but he's stubborn and still let me interrupt your hangout. That's why I'm wearing this, I never thought this would happen,"

Woah, he said all of that in one drop. I really don't have any reasons to prove that AK and Mika weren't best of friends. Both of them never run out of words.

"Now you believe it? You're looking at me like I intended to ruin your hang out," he's now talking to Liu Yu who's still mad.

"… What?!"

With Nine's exclaiming, all of us simultaneously looked in his direction and he's still talking to someone over the phone. He's shocked enough that he put his hand on his mouth and his eyes widened.

We're intrigued why he's shocked so we watched him until he finished.

"Who's that? Why you're pale?"

Nine was now walking towards the table and anxiously sat on his chair. He's indeed pale.

"I need to go…" He said almost choking his words

"Why? As in right now?" It's Mika

"I guess,"

"What happened? Why are you shocked?" I asked and now we're waiting for his answer.

"My granny is in the hospital, and she's telling me to go home or else she'll die,"

"Huh?" We all exclaimed in chorus.

"You don't know, you still didn't meet my granny and she really, really wants to see me. You know, the favourite grandchild. And she was sent to the hospital this time when she found out I won't be at home for Christmas!" Nine said hysterically.

"Your granny is, no offense but…"

"But she's insane, it's a long story why she's like that and don't get her wrong, it's an effect of her trauma," Nine continued Liu Yu's sentence and sighed.

"Do you really need to go right now?" Mika asked and then Liu Yu went back to his furious face, piercing the guy with his eyes.

"Yes, or else she will go crazy again," Nine asked and I'm now a statue on my seat. As I heard their statements, slowly sinking inside my head, as if turned into a stone.

Does that mean I'll be going to Oscar's party alone?!