48 (1)

Daniel's POV

Did he even notice my passcode? Damn it! I should've thought about it carefully earlier. But I guess it's not too obvious? Maybe he even forgot about it right now.

And why am I worrying about that? I should worry about myself first once I face my mother!

"Daniel where have you been?!"

I just walked inside my place and I'm welcomed by a shout.

I looked at Oscar on the side, he also looked scared and want to go outside the frame but he can't because we were blocking our way and my mom might divert her anger towards him knowing that she was uncontrollably angry, the guy, who's foolish enough will even make his hair stand shivering.

"I just slept over at a friend's house," which is true.

"You even taught your friends to lie huh?" She said making Oscar butt in.

"No momsie, it's tr—" Mom raised a hand on Oscar stopping him.

"You can now go Oscar, thank you for helping me," she said sweetly. Now she's like that with my friends, but with me? She's always scary and mad and strict!

"Whatever, I have nothing to do with it since it's done," mom changed and walked towards the couch to sit, I followed her and chose to sit across to where she is.

"Mom, do you just go here to scold me?"

"No," I shut my mouth, she's now calm.

That was just like that? My mother is… glad I inherited Dad's temper.

"I came here to talk to you a bit," I didn't say anything and just wait for her to throw questions.

"How are you doing these past few days?"

It took me so long to answer. I also asked this myself but I don't have any answer.

"I heard you… and Audrey," I lowered my head. It's just unusual for her to ask about this kind of thing and I don't want this version of her.

I don't want any dramatic talk with my parents that's why I chose scolding over this kind of topic.

"It's fine if you can't answer, but, as what you said earlier, who's that friend I didn't know?"

I gulped and then just pulled confidence somewhere to answer,

"Uh, I met him this year, it's just a short period so I haven't introduced him to you yet… but I'm planning to"

"I also heard you're tailing on someone,"

I choked with my own saliva as she cut my words with her straight-to-the-point statement. Tell me, are we on some showbiz talk show, why am I on the hot seat sudden?

"That's why I have the gut to ask about you and Audrey because I heard you're tailing on someone,"

"Mom what, no!" I said and almost knock myself for talking to my mother the way I talked to my friends, she'll smack me I'm sure.

"What do you mean no? Not tailing? or the moved-on the thing?" Now I'm cornered, these two questions state that I haven't moved on from Audrey!

"Mom, I mean, I haven't felt any negative vibes lately, and I'm not tailing on someone!" I don't have to tail him though.

"Why are you grinning?" she said making me purse my lips to suppress the smile that had been caught.

"You big kid, I'm not restricting you okay? If that makes you feel happy, pursue it! As long as it doesn't harm you, it doesn't influence you to do something bad, go for it! You're big enough to think through this kind of decisions and stuff but if you need help, your Dad and I are always here, just please introduce that someone you're tailing huh,"

I felt somehow relieved, but how can I tell them about Patrick, will they get mad? I don't want to drag Patrick to this problem if ever they've got some issues in this case, hell no.

"Hmm, by the way, you'll spend new year's eve with us right?" I nodded, "if there's a chance, let me know who's the new friend, and the one you're tailing!" she giggled like a teenager who just saw her crush.

I guess my friend spilt something to my mom. Behind my back. Those nice friends!