53 (2)

Daniel's POV

"Aaaaahhh!!"

I stretched my arms wide as I embrace the wind and its lake-y scent.

Currently, I'm spending my time here on the lake, it's windy and there's a hint of coldness. A sign that the Christmas season is coming.

Today is the start of hell week again, too bad our profs were putting too much pressure on us, adding lots of tasks to do and more, more studies for quizzes. They said that we're having a long break so we need to study more. What a good welcome for a holiday.

Yawning, I scratch my nape. The vibe of this place was cozy and I need to rest after reading that fat book straight. I want some sleep so these bags on my eyes will get thinner.

Carefully, I climbed to the common tree and sleep on my favourite branch. It's safe here but every time 'he' is coming, I always fell. It's like this thing keeps on kicking me to show up on Patrick, damn traitor.

"I need to sleep my dude, please don't kick me," I pat the branch and then lay, one arm serving as a pillow while the other was on my stomach.

After half an hour, I woke up. I heard footsteps coming nearby. I sat on the branch and observe silently.

"… still here. You know, it's my comfort place,"

Is it…

"Nine, I've been staying here for ages and there are no snakes or crocodiles! Why don't you go and check it out for yourself?"

Right, he's Patrick! And he's now standing below the tree I'm sitting on. I can see the top of his head from here!

"Alright alright, I'll call you if there are some 'wild animals' here," he said and after some goodbyes, he stopped talking and the place turned silent.

He's still not feeling my presence huh.

With that, I then think of a fun idea. I hid from the thick leaves on this branch to hide from him.

"Hisssss…"

Mimicking a snake sound, the guy then looked up from his phone and looked around. When he don't see any snake, he went back to what he was doing.

"Hissssss…" It's louder this time.

"What the fuck," my eyes widened at his curse and then he's now fully alerted. Why he's cussing sharply like that?!

"Hissssssssss!!" I almost choke on my saliva and then the guy as if jump out of terror.

The suppressing spell then unsealed making me burst out of laughter.

The guy looked up at me and then brows almost met as he place both of his hands on his waist. He's fuming mad!

"Daniel?!"

I laughed hard caressing my tummy that's currently hurting and as I do it with my eyes closed, I lost my balance and with a 'thud' I fell on the ground so hard!

"Now you deserve it!"

I groaned in pain as I brush off the dust on my clothes. I can't stand, because my butt fell first and now the guy was laughing at me.

"You're evil," I said and he's still laughing, watching me struggling and complaining about my injured bum.

"Alright alright, I'll help you." After finishing his laugh, letting it all out, he finally stretched his arms to help me stand.

And with that move, I thought of revenge so quick.

I pulled his hands so he fell on the ground too but that was a fucking wrong move that I want to torture myself with different levels of pain.

He fell on top of me and our faces were freaking close to each other! Just one wrong move, just one wrong move Daniel and you'll freaking kiss him!

"Ehem," I faked cough and the guy was pulled back to reality and realized what was happening.

He's now furious as he gets up and brushes off the dirt. I also stood up and brush off mine.

"What's wrong with you, scaring people like that," he said and can't even look straight at me. Is he blushing?

"I'm sorry," I said and scratched the back of my head.

"By the way, I said I wanted to talk to you…"

He looked away and then immediately changed the topic.

"Why are you here?" He asked, pair of eyes were on the tranquil lake.

"I just feel the need to chill here, after the stressful day," I answered ignoring the fact that he dodged again.

"Uhm, can we talk," he said making my lips parted in confusion.

Didn't he understand what I said earlier?

"Hmm yeah, talk."

We just stood there, watching the lake and didn't look at each other.

"You know, we already talked about this, when you slept over at my house," he said and then triggered the scenes I can't and won't forget.

That damn memory didn't leave me and keeps on bugging me day and night! One of my profs even caught me smiling like an idiot during his class and even warned me for daydreaming. Yes, I turned mad because of that. If this ain't something special, then I don't know what this is.

"Hmm, what is it,"

"You know we're already good,"

"Hmm,"

"There are some things that changed about us,"

My pulse raced as I heard this. What is he talking about? What kind of change is that? Will he reject me this time? I'm not prepared I'm just about to confess here!

"Wait, wait," I looked at him and he looked at me too, confusion was drawn on his face.

"Before that, before anything else. Can I say something first?" I asked. He didn't answer but the way his reaction gentled, I know that he let me speak first.

"You know, these days. These thoughts bothered me," I turned to look at the lake again but on my peripheral, I can see him watching me.

"Since we're good, I'd like to vent something, I also want to hear an opinion from you,"

"…"

"I'd been liking a person for not that long time…"