Born this way

Y/n: So I really enjoyed this tonight. Maybe we can have some dinner again soon with the others.
Arizona: Oh that will be fun.

As you were walking towards the hospital where Arizona's car was parked, you saw Mark and Callie leaving the hospital.

Callie: Oh hey you two. What are you doing here? I thought your shift ended some hours ago.
Y/n: We just had dinner together at that new burger place down the street.
Mark: Oh, was it nice?
Arizona: It were great burgers Mark. They really have the best burgers ever.
Mark: And did you enjoy it y/n?
Y/n: Okay spill it. What are you trying to ask us?
Mark: Nothing. Just asking how the burgers were.
Callie: He wants to know if it was a date.
Y/n: It wasn't a date Mark. It was just a dinner as friends, nothing more. We are not like you Mark.
Mark: Like what?
Y/n: Lovestruck or always thinking to have sex later.
Mark: That's not... okay that's true. So it wasn't a date?
Arizona: No it wasn't.
Callie: That's amazing!
Arizona: Uhm why is that amazing?
Callie: So okay, I have to do this. Arizona will you go on a date with me?
Arizona: What wait. Since when are you gay? You were not long ago fucking Mark in every on call room that was empty. Or every storage room.
Callie: I realized that I'm bisexual, because of you. So will you go on a date with me?
Arizona: I don't know Callie. I just need time. I will see you probably tomorrow. Y/n, I will send you all that you need to know about the surgery tomorrow.
Y/n: Okay thank you Arizona. See you tomorrow, drive safe and have a good night.
Arizona: Thank you y/n. Goodnight.

Arizona got in her car and drove away. You were standing with Mark and Callie waving her goodbye.

Y/n: Okay now back to the point you two had sex. When? Why haven't you told me that Mark?
Mark: A few months ago, but then I found Lexie and now I'm with her.
Callie: He was really good in bed honestly. So you weren't on a date with Arizona?
Y/n: I don't need to know that about my brother. No, we were just having dinner as friends. I'm not looking for anything right now. It's getting late and I have a surgery tomorrow. I need to study for it, so goodnight all.
Mark: Goodnight sis.

It was the next morning and you did rounds with April and are now on your way to the OR when you heard someone crying in the supply closet. It was Arizona breaking down in tears. She slowly sat down when the tears were streaming down her face. You slowly opened the door and saw her sitting there.

Y/n: Hey, you okay? Why are you crying?
Arizona: It's nothing. I'm sorry. We can go, I just needed to grab something in here.
Y/n: Hey, wait a second. Sit down and we can just stay here a little longer. You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, but know that I'm here to listen if you want to talk.
Arizona: Why are you so kind to me?
Y/n: Because I'm kind and we're friends now. That means I'm here for you when you need me.
Arizona: Are we really friends?
Y/n: Of course we are. We had dinner together.
Arizona: I like that a lot. Thank you. So are you ready for the surgery?
Y/n: I'm so ready and very excited. Are you ready?
Arizona: I try to be. It's just a hard day for me.

She looked at you with a tear running down her face.

Arizona: Can I trust you?
Y/n: Yes, you can trust me Arizona. What is it?
Arizona: Today is the day my brother died 7 years ago and I just miss him so much.
Y/n: I'm so sorry to hear that. What was his name?
Arizona: Timothy. He was in the army, but he didn't make it home because there were not enough doctors and when they brought him home, we only god a flag.
Y/n: That sounds like a very difficult and hard moment for you and your parents.
Arizona: It was and this day is just.... it's hard, because I think about him a lot.
Y/n: Now I know this I want you to know that you can come to me if you need to talk or need a hug. Or just want to cry.
Arizona: You were also in the army right?
Y/n: That's right, I was in the army. I helped the surgeons there after I graduated from medschool as I wanted to help others.
Arizona: It's so brave and thank you for your service. Can I ask you something else?
Y/n: Ask me anything.
Arizona: What do you think about the fact Callie asked me out? Do you think I should say yes?
Y/n: I don't know her that well. So I can't really help you with it. You should ask yourself if you would like going on a date?
Arizona: I do. I mean I would love to go on a date. It has been a long time ago since I went on a date with someone.
Y/n: Maybe you should go and then you will find out if it can go somewhere with the two of you.
Arizona: I guess, I just don't know if I will like her. I mean I know her for some time now and I never thought of her romantically.
Y/n: Think about and give it some time. You will figure it out.
Arizona: Thank you y/n. If you never walked in I would not feel better. It felt good telling you.
Y/n: That's what friends are for.
Arizona: Yes, friends. Uhm so lets go to the OR, we have a surgery.