Problems

⚠️🔫⚠️

A few months later
Arizona: Babe, wake up. We have to get ready. I can't believe you are starting today as a senior resident.
Y/n: Morning to you too. Time went fast. Crazy to believe that I will start my third year at Seattle Grace.
Arizona: It also means that we almost know each other for two years.
Y/n: Two amazing years. Are you okay after last week?
Arizona: I'm trying to get back at my feet, but losing her really hit me.
Y/n: It's still unbelievable what happened. We gave her a transplant heart and everything seemed perfect.
Arizona: And then she was brought into the hospital when she got a heart attack at home.
Y/n: We did everything we could together. She wasn't strong enough to survive.
Arizona: The thing I don't get is why it happened to her. If we knew that, we would be able to help other kids.
Y/n: This was the hardest case I've seen.
Arizona: At least we have each other to lean on. Lets get ready.
Y/n: Not before this.

You lean forward to give Arizona a loving kiss. You pulled away and Arizona cuddled into you. She looked up at you and smiled big.

Arizona: I would love to just stay home with you in bed and cuddle and snuggle with you all day.
Y/n: When we are both off next time we could just stay in the whole day to have some cuddle time together.
Arizona: You totally just read my mind.

She kissed your cheek and you stayed in bed a few more minutes before getting ready for the day. You just went to work and today it was another round in peds.

Arizona: So you really want to go for peds?
Y/n: Yes, after my time in the army I promised myself to only do what I love and honestly I love peds the most and trauma still is something I enjoy working in, but it doesn't give me that amazing feeling that pediatric surgery gives me.
Arizona: I love it aswel, because I will have the best resident under my wing and it's great to spend more time with my girlfriend.
Y/n: Working with you dr. Robbins is always a pleasure.
Arizona: Lets go for rounds dr. Sloan.
Mark: Did you needed me?
Arizona: Nope, I just meant the best Sloan there is in the world and that's definitely not you Mark.
Mark: What's your problem Robbins?
Arizona: Honestly you are my problem. I'm trying really hard to like you more then I did before, because I'm dating your sister, but I just can't. What you did to Lexie is the worst thing you can do. I can't even look at you and smile, because I hate people like you the way you treat people.
Y/n: I think he gets it Zona. Lets go and start rounds, shall we?
Mark: I'm really sorry. I don't know what to do.
Arizona: First, leave her alone and give her some space.
Y/n: She is right. If you are meant to be she will come back, because she loved you once.
Mark: Thank sis, that was more helpful than giving me an even worse feeling than I already have.
Y/n: Don't talk to her like that. Oh and she is sooo right. Now go and do your job and don't do something stupid.
Mark: I will. Bye sis.

You went to work and had just finished rounds. You were at the nurses station working on some chart and doing some paperwork when there was a phone call to the peds floor. The nurse looked scared and looked at Arizona. Right then everyone got a page, which said that the hospital was going into lockdown. Arizona told everyone what to do and gave them the advice to not alarm the makers of the tiny humans.

Arizona: For a second I thought it was a joke.
Y/n: No one should ever make a joke like that. If they do, it would be a sick joke.
Arizona: Y/n we have to manage this. Alex was in the pit and isn't around to help her.
Y/n: First I want you to calm down a bit. You're so shaky. Look me in the eye and breath with me.
Arizona: Okay. Will you hold me for a few seconds?
Y/n: Of course.
Arizona: Thank you babe.

While you stayed in a tight hug you could feel Arizona calm down a bit. She looked up and kissed you soft on the lips.

Y/n: We can do this. Lets putt as many kids in the same room so we can keep an eye on them.
Arizona: That's a great idea as we don't have many people on this floor at the moment.
Y/n: Do you know what is going on?
Arizona: I have no idea. It is probably something big otherwise we didn't had to seal this floor.
Y/n: Lets move our ass then.
Arizona: Y/n, wait.

She grabbed your hand and pulled you in. She cupped your face in her hands and gave you a passionate kiss, only pulling away when you both needed air.

Arizona: I just wanted you to know that I love you.
Y/n: I know that. I love you too Zona.
Arizona: Wait we need to check this girl, she was supposed to get her appendix removed this afternoon.

You were running around and helping kids moving to other rooms when Arizona called you to help and get more stuff. As you were working the girl was in even more pain. She was in so much pain that Arizona knew that the appendix had exploded.

Arizona: Oh god. Y/n, come with me. We have to get in action.
Y/n: You know we can't go to an OR?
Arizona: I know so we have to do it in that room.
Y/n: Uhm okay. Tell me what to do.

You were working on the appendix when you heard someone walk closer and when you looked up you saw him standing there.

Y/n: Okay, Zona you have to stay calm.
Arizona: Why?

Arizona turned around and sees who was standing at the door.

Arizona: There are only children here. Only little kids in here.
Gary: I know, I'm not here for the children.
Y/n: Mr. Clark, isn't it?
Gary: So you finally recognize me dr. Sloan?
Y/n: I do.
Gary: You are a smart one. I guess you figured out why I'm here?
Y/n: I have an idea, but please explain yourself.
Gary: The two of you killed my little girl. I lost my wife and you took my kid.
Arizona: We did everything we could to safe her.
Gary: No, you tell that to every parent, but you decided she had to die.
Y/n: Sir, you are grieving and want to find a reason why this happened. We want to know that reason aswel.
Gary: You're lying! You don't care. You just move on. You killed her! You don't help kids, you kill them.
Arizona: Mr. Clark there is a little girl in pain and we try to help her.
Gary: Just like you tried to help my daughter?
Y/n: Mr. Clark what you are doing right now will not bring her back and will not help anyone.
Gary: It will help a lot when the both of you are gone. You will never be able to kill others.
Arizona: Please don't do this. We didn't kill her. She wasn't strong enough to get through the heart transplant.
Gary: So you say it's her own fault?!? I heard enough.
Y/n: Don't do this.
Arizona: Please don't.
Gary: It's over.

Gary lifted his gun at you and Arizona and shoot the bullet.