Hold my hand

Carina: Hola bambina's, are you ready?
Y/n: We are more than ready.
Arizona: Is everything still going as planned?
Carina: It is and everything looks perfect. We will use your eggs Arizona and we received the sperm of the donor.
Y/n: Just like last time I'm getting a little nervous.
Arizona: Oh babe, it will all be okay and I will be here with you the whole time.
Y/n: It feels so special that we will use your eggs to have this baby. I really wanted to have another mini Zona running around.
Arizona: I feel honored that we use my eggs.
Y/n: Lets start to have this baby.
Carina: You know the drill. I will be gentle and you just need to relax as much as you can.

It was just after your appointment and you were on your way to have lunch together when you could here someone call your names.

Jo: Hey you two, where are you going?
Arizona: We were just on our way to have some lunch. Do you want to come aswel?
Jo: No, I have to see another patient, but I wanted to ask something.
Y/n: You can ask us anything. What is it Jo?
Jo: You know about the new born baby with the sick mom we are treating?
Arizona: Yes, the baby is doing better each day. What is it with them?
Jo: The mom is getting worse every second and I'm scared of what will happen.
Y/n: Oh Jo, come here for a hug. You know you can always come and talk to us.
Arizona: Y/n is right. Have you spoken to Alex about this?
Jo: I tried, but he told me I'm getting to attached to them, especially with the baby.
Arizona: I get him in one way, because getting to attached is making your work much harder.
Jo: I know, but it's not wrong right?
Y/n: No, I think it's making you an exceptional surgeon.  
Jo: Thank you both for this. I have to get back to work. Enjoy your lunch ladies.
Arizona: Thank you Jo and if you want to talk or have some playtime with the kids, just call us.
Jo: I will. Love you.
Y/n: Love you too.

You got lunch and shared it of course with Arizona.

Arizona: I was thinking and we should take some time to sit with Carina and talk about our OB crash cart.
Y/n: That's a great idea. We should really do some research about all the complications during pregnancies and during labour.
Amelia: Uhm hey ladies. Can you come with me please?
Arizona: What is it Amelia?
Amelia: Just follow me please. We have to go to the ER.
Y/n: Ames, you can just tell us what is going on and why we have to be in the ER?
Amelia: We just need the both of you. So just drop your lunch and get your asses of the chairs and follow me.
Arizona: Okay, we will come with you.

You followed Amelia to the ER and stood in front of one of the beds, but the curtains were closed.

Y/n: Can you tell us now why we are here Amelia.
Amelia: Just don't freak out and stay calm.
Arizona: I don't know about you y/n, but I'm getting scared.
Amelia: We needed you because something happened and...
Timothy: It hurts so much.
Y/n: Oh god, that's Timmy!

Amelia slowly opened the curtains and let you walk towards the bed and closed the curtains behind you.

Arizona: Oh my baby, what happened? Are you okay?
Timothy: Mama, my head hurts so much. I have so much pain.
Y/n: Amelia, what happened to him?
Amelia: They brought him in with the Ambulance. Something happened at school.
Arizona: Why haven't they called us that something happened to my boy?
Amelia: I don't know, but that's something to figure out for a later moment. Right now, Timothy needs you both to be here with him, because it doesn't looks good at the moment. We need to get him into the OR.
Timothy: Mommy, why does it hurts so much?
Y/n: We are here Timmy and we are not leaving you and auntie Amy will help you, right?
Arizona: Tell us Amelia, what is wrong with him?
Y/n: If you have to take him to the OR it is bad, right?
Timothy: Mommy, mama I'm scared. Why does it hurt so much?
Amelia: There's a brain bleed. It is a big one and I need to fix it as soon as possible. We already made a CT when they brought him in. We wanted to make sure what was going on before telling you. 
Arizona: How did it happen? Look at the cut on his head.
Amelia: Jackson will make sure the cut is fixed once we are out of surgery.
Timothy: I'm so sorry mama and mommy. He hit me so hard. I just wanted to stick up for you both. He was talking bad about you.
Y/n: You can tell us everything once auntie Amelia has made sure you are fine buddy.

Two hours later
Arizona: Why did this happen today? Today was supposed to be all good and great with you getting the appointment to get pregnant.
Y/n: I know babe, but right now all I can think of is our boy. Why does it takes so long?
Arizona: It's more than two hours and there's still no update. I can't take this.
Y/n: Hopefully they are almost finished with him and I hope he will be fine.
Arizona: But what if he isn't fine and has some permanent damage to his brain?
Y/n: I know it's hard, but try to not think about that right now. The only thing we can do right now is staying positive.
Arizona: Can I lay my head on your shoulder?
Y/n: Of course you can. Give your hand so I can intertwine our fingers together.
Carina: Hey. I heard about Timothy. Do you know what happened to him?
Y/n: No, we don't know. They only thing he told us was that he was hit when he tried to defend us.
Carina: Did the school call you?
Arizona: No, they didn't. That's why we have no clue about what happened.
Carina: Maya will be here any moment as she picked up Tayla from school before coming to pick me up. Maybe Tayla knows what happened.
Y/n: Right now, I can only think about Timothy. I just want to know that he is fine and that the surgery went well.
Arizona: Hopefully Amelia will walk trough those doors soon to tell us everything.

It's almost 3 hours later since they started working on Timothy and Amelia walked towards the both of you where Arizona had fallen asleep with her head on your shoulder.

Y/n: Zona? Wake up please Amelia is here.
Arizona: Oh god. How did it go?
Amelia: He is out of the woods. The bleed was even bigger than we saw on the scans.
Y/n: But you fixed it, right?
Amelia: I did, but being it so big it was close to his frontal lobe.
Arizona: Oh no, did it damage his frontal lobe?
Amelia: It took longer, because I really had to be careful, but I manage to stop the bleeding without hitting the frontal lobe. We can only tell how he really is once he wakes up.
Arizona: Can we go and see him?
Amelia: Yes, follow me. He will be in his room and will probably wake up in around 30 minutes.

You got to his room and saw him laying there on the bed.

Arizona: He looks so vulnerable. Hey big man, please wake up soon. We hope you feel much better.
Y/n: We want you to feel better. We never wanted you to be in this kind if situation.
Arizona: Mommy and I are so sorry we couldn't protect you. We promised to keep you safe.
Amelia: Don't think like that ladies. You couldn't prevent this from happening.  

Later that day
Jo: Hey guys, how is he feeling?
Y/n: Just tired. The brain surgery asked a lot from him.
Jo: And how did it go?
Arizona: Good, there's nothing to worry about and he will be back on his feet soon.
Jo: Oh no, I just get paged. I will be back soon. I will see you later Rosey and be very careful with your brother.
Rosey: I will be gentle. Mommy told me to be very nice to him.
Jo: That's right. I will see you later.
Rosey: Can we get some dinner? I'm hungry mama.
Arizona: I get that baby. It was a long day for you and we had to get you out of daycare, because we missed you.
Rosey: I love you mama. I love you too mommy.
Y/n: We love you and your brother so much.

A few days later Timothy was discharged and home. Carina and Maya had the day off and offered to stay with the kids while you went to the school to find out what happened to Timothy.

Arizona: I don't know how this will go.
Y/n: I don't know either, but I have two burning questions to ask them.
Arizona: What are your questions? Maybe they are the same as mine.
Y/n: The first one is what really happened to our Timothy and how it was even possible. So those are actually two questions. But I have one more and that's about why they haven't called us sooner about what happened?
Arizona: That's exactly what I want to know. 
Y/n: I'm still so angry, but I will try to stay calm.
Arizona: We have to stay calm, because being angry will not be helpful.
Y/n: I know that, but when it's about our kids I'm just being overprotective at some times.
Arizona: And that makes me love you even more. You,being always there for us makes me feel so good.

Arizona sweetly kissed your cheek and took your hand in hers.

Y/n: Why does is take so long. We had to make an appointment and now we are waiting for like 20 minutes right now.
Arizona: I don't understand that either, but I hope we will soon hear what they have to say.
Y/n: Do you think Timothy got bullied at school?
Arizona: Maybe, but I don't think so if I'm honest. He would've told us if something like that happened. 
Dean: Welcome ladies, you can come in. Sorry for letting you wait a bit longer.