Can I have this dance?

Miranda: Okay so this is her jacket and here is her badge, but I don't see her anywhere.
Arizona: Where is y/n? Bailey this doesn't feels good at all.
Miranda: There is some blood. Maybe she was helping someone overhere who was bleeding.
Arizona: Maybe, but why didn't we hear that she is at the hospital? She has to be here, I can feel it. She would have let us know if she went back.
Miranda: Arizona, stop it. Get yourself together and jump in the water.
Arizona: What? Why would I do that?
Miranda: Y/n is in the water and she's struggling.
Arizona: I'm coming y/n! Hold on!

Arizona jumped in the water and got you out of it. You had hit your head and felt dizzy, that's why you were struggling to keep your head above water. They got you to the hospital and you had a head wound, it was a deep cut and you were hypothermic. They took you to a trauma room to get you warmer and to have a better look at your wound.

Mark: Arizona, I heard what happened. Are you okay?
Arizona: I'm fine Mark, just cold.
Mark: Thank you for saving my sister. You really love her, don't you?
Arizona: I never loved someone like I love her. You should learn from us.
Mark: What do you mean?
Arizona: You know exactly what I mean.
Mark: It's over okay. Just except it. I'm not perfect.
Arizona: I would. No we would except it if you were at least honest with Lexie.
Mark: I can't, it will break her heart.
Arizona: You already broke her heart. The worst thing is that you didn't told her the truth. You should had told her what was really going on.
Mark: Can we just forget it. It happened and that's it.
Arizona: She doesn't deserve any of this Mark. Lexie is a great girl, what you did was so wrong. 
Mark: Just leave it!
Lexie: What did he do?
Arizona: That's not my place to tell. I have to go and see y/n. See if she is better.
Lexie: You're not going before I know exactly what's going on between you two.
Mark: Lexie, Arizona needs to see y/n. There is nothing going on.
Lexie: You said; she doesn't deserve any of it. So what is that?
Arizona: He never really wanted to break up with you.
Mark: Robbins, shut up and mind your own damn business. What I do in my life is my business.
Lexie: Did you cheat on me? Oh you did, didn't you. The worst thing is that you lied to me. You couldn't even look me in the eyes and tell me what was going on. You are unbelievable. I hate you Mark manwhore Sloan! Don't you try to ever come near me.

A week later
Amelia: Okay it's been a week. Let me see your wound.
Y/n: Thanks Ames. So how are things with doctor Link?
Amelia: We will go on a date this Saturday.
Y/n: You better tell me all the details after it. Oh and no sex on a first date.
Amelia: Okay mom, I won't. I promise that. So it looks like the wound is healing pretty good.
Y/n: Am I cleared to go back to work dr. Shepherd?
Amelia: You are y/n. Come back to me when it hurts or if you get bad headaches.
Y/n: I will. Thanks again Ames.

You went to the peds floor looking for Arizona to tell her the news. She was leaning against the nurses station looking at some charts. You wrapped your arms around her waist from behind and give her a kiss on the cheek.

Arizona: Hey you, how was your appointment?
Y/n: Good, Amelia told me that it's healing nicely and that I'm cleared to come back to work.
Arizona: That's great news.
Y/n: You look upset. What is it?
Arizona: There is this girl, 17 years old and has a bad tumor on her spine. We can't operate her and  we will only make it worse if we try to remove it. There's a big chance we could paralyze her.
Y/n: How long will she have left?
Arizona: I think 3 months. Derek told her that she should take it easy as every move will make it worse for her to live.
Y/n: That will be hard for someone her age.
Arizona: It is and to make it work she told us her last dream.
Y/n: What is her dream? Can we help make it happen?
Arizona: It's her last year of high school and she dreams of attending the end of the year school ball. She will not make it to that.
Y/n: Why don't we bring the ball here?
Arizona: What are you talking about?
Y/n: We can't make her better, but we can make her dream come true. If we organise a ball here in the hospital, she can come and we invite her whole class. So she can experience her dream.
Arizona: That's an amazing idea y/n. You are the best. So do you want to help me organize it?
Y/n: Of course I will, only on one condition.
Arizona: Uhm okay. What is it?
Y/n: Will you, Arizona Robbins, be my date to the ball?
Arizona: Yes, yes, yes, I would love to dance with you all night long.
Y/n: I love you Zona.
Arizona: I love you too babe.
Miranda: What are you doing? Shouldn't you be helping our patients?
Arizona: Actually Bailey we need to speak to you.
Y/n: It's very important and about a patient.
Miranda: Lets hear it and y/n that smile is creeping me out, stop smiling like that.
Arizona: You know about the 17 year old patient with that inoperable tumor on her spine?
Miranda: What about her?
Y/n: We want to make her last dream come true.
Miranda: What is her dream?
Arizona: She wants to attend her end of the year high school ball, but you and I both know she doesn't have that long.
Y/n: So why don't we make her dream come true by organizing a ball here at the hospital.
Miranda: As lovely as it sounds we can't do that.
Arizona: But Bailey, it's her last wish. We can't safe her, so this is the least we can do.
Y/n: Right dr. Bailey? She is so young at least she deserves to have her dream come true. Me and Arizona will organize it all, we only need your permission to use the lobby for one night. Please.
Arizona: Oh and it could be a great night dancing with Ben for you. How wonderful?
Miranda: You're right. Make the plan and let me know if I can help with anything.
Arizona: Thank you so much Miranda. We will make it a perfect night for her.
Miranda: I need to go, but don't forget to send me the plan. Bye.
Y/n: As I'm still out of work, I will make the first steps to the plan and when you come home we can finish it together.

Arizona pulled you in for a long and passionate kiss. Only breaking the kiss when you both needed air.

Y/n: What was that for?
Arizona: Because of how amazing and sweet you are. I love you y/n Sloan.
Y/n: I love you too Arizona.

You did everything to make this evening perfect. You pulled it off in two weeks and tonight is the ball. Almost everyone is there and you're waiting for Arizona who is finishing her make-up.

Y/n: Are you ready?
Arizona: I'm. How do I look?
Y/n: Beautiful as always. You are stunning Zona.
Arizona: You look so hot. I'm lucky to have a date like you.
Y/n: Before we go. I need to know something and please be honest with me.
Arizona: What is it? You sound so serious.
Y/n: Did I do something wrong? Did I upset you or something?
Arizona: No and no. Why do you think that?
Y/n: This afternoon I got a phone call from your father and he was like interrogating me about you, us, if I'm fully honest with you and if I see myself getting old with you.
Arizona: Are you kidding me?
Y/n: No, I'm not. I really didn't like it at all. He made me feel so bad. He was asking if I was  sincerely with you. Why was he asking all that? It was like the opposite from when I met him.
Arizona: I don't understand where he is coming from. Please promise me to don't let him get in your head or doubt yourself or us.
Y/n: I'll try, but it really got to me I guess.
Arizona: I understand it, but know that I love you so much.
Y/n: I love you too Arizona.

You gave each other a kiss and stood in a tight hug for a minute. After the kiss you got to the hospital and saw that most of the people are already there and were having fun.

Arizona: It looks perfect y/n.
Y/n: Not as perfect as you.

You gave her a quick kiss on the lips and took her hand in yours.

Y/n: Lets enjoy tonight. Can I have this dance with you?
Arizona: I would love nothing more y/n.

It was almost the end of the night when you heard someone shout.

Lexie: Don't touch me!
Mark: Let me hold you. We could try again.
Lexie: No! Get the hell away from me!