Praying

Carina: Do you think they are still in there? Like in the hospital?
Miranda: Honestly, yes. My feeling tells me y/n and Arizona are still at the pediatric floor.
Carina: Oh god. Hopefully your feeling is so wrong. They can't be still be in there.
Miranda: I hope I'm wrong too Carina.
Carina: Lets pray they aren't in there anymore and if so that they are safe.
Jo: Bailey, Carina, has someone seen y/n or Arizona?
Miranda: No, we haven't seen them. Do you need them?
Jo: As everyone is evacuating, the daycare is aswel and I can't find them. Normally they would've ran down the halls to the daycare to make sure Timmy is safe.
Carina: Where is he now?
Jo: He's with Alex right now, but he hasn't stopped crying since the explosion.
Miranda: We have to find them.
Carina: Maya will find them if they are still inside. I will go to see Timothy and see if I can calm him down.
Jo: Great, I will go and ask April what to do. There are thousands of people coming out of the hospital.
Miranda: Hopefully there aren't that much victims. We need to know how this could have happened.
Jo: Bailey, turn around there is Maya. She has a little girl with her.
Maya: This is Tayla, she was a patient, would have been discharged tomorrow. She got surgery on her leg, so I carried her outside.
Jo: Someone get a gurney. We have to get a look at her.
Miranda: You did an amazing job captain. Have you seen dr. Sloan or dr. Robbins?
Maya: No, I haven't seen them. None of my firefighters found them. I have to go back and see if I can safe some more people chief.
Miranda: Okay, thank you.
Tayla: Please don't go. Stay.
Maya: I can't. I have to go back. Dr. Wilson will stay with you.
Tayla: No, I'm scared please stay with me. I don't know where my parents are. Please don't leave me aswel.
Maya: I can't stay. I have to help other people. You are safe with these doctors.
Jo: I will stay with you and don't leave you alone.
Tayla: No, I want to be with you.
Maya: I have to go back, but I will be back to check on you.
Tayla: Don't get hurt please. Promise you will be back.
Maya: I will, don't worry about me. I will be fine and come back to you.
Carina: Hi, did you found them?
Maya: No, I haven't. No one did till this point, but we won't stop looking.
Jo: How bad is it?
Maya: It's bad. A big part of the floor is gone.
Timothy: Mommy? Mama?
Carina: Little man, we are looking for your mommies.
Timothy: Mama!
Maya: I will do everything I can to bring them back to you. Anything to bring back your mommies.
Tayla: Is he also a patient?
Carina: No, he is the son of two doctors here. What's your name?
Tayla: I'm Tayla. That women saved me from the fire.
Maya: I did. I have to go back right now, but I will be back soon. I promise.
Carina: Please stay safe bambina.
Tayla: Do you know the fire captain?
Carina: Yes, she is actually my wife.
Tayla: I don't want her to get hurt. She was so nice to me. She got me out of the fire.
Jo: Let me check you Tayla to see if you are totally fine. Carina will stay aswel, right?
Carina: Yes, me and Timmy will stay here with you. We will wait with you for Maya to come back.
Jo: And hopefully with y/n and Arizona.
Amelia: Here you are. I was looking for you little man. Has someone seen them?
Jo: No. They are still looking for them. Is everybody else out of the hospital?
Amelia: Yes, all the others are somewhere out here. Only Arizona and y/n are missing.
Timothy: Mommy!? Mommy!?
Carina: Shhh little man, they will be here soon.
Tayla: Maya is the best firefighter. She will find them.
Amelia: Lets hope for the best. Everyone here needs them.
Carina: They are strong, they will be fine.
Amelia: But we have to be realistic.
Tayla: Do you think his mommies are gone?
Amelia: I don't think that sweetheart. His mommies will do anything to get out of there, so they can cuddle him.
Jo: His mommies are doing everything to get to them I think.
Timothy: Mama!?
Carina: It's going to be okay Timmy. Your mommies will be here soon.
Amelia: This can't happen this way. He needs them.

As the firefighters are still helping evacuate people and looking for everyone the pediatric floor is a mess.

Jack: Maya?
Maya: I'm right behind you.
Jack: Do you really think they are still here?
Maya: Yes, I believe they are somewhere on this floor.
Jack: But Maya, look around. A big part of this floor is gone and...
Maya: No, stop it! We will find them. Timothy needs both of his mommies! So we look at every possible place we can think off.
Jack: Okay, maybe we have to look over there.
Maya: I think that was supposed to be the nurses station.
Jack: Lets go and check it out.
Maya: I never wanted to find someone this bad.
Jack: And alive. If we find them, they have to be alive.

While still searching around the floor, Carina was calming down Timothy who was still crying.

Carina: What's the matter Timothy?
Timothy: Mama!? Mommy!?

The next day
Miranda: I can't believe this all happened.
Derek: We've been very lucky.
Miranda: Not all of us were lucky.
Derek: You are right. We lost some patients and their parents, but also three colleagues.
Miranda: What happened is very scary. From what the station could tell us, it was a gas leak.
Derek: How in this world could that have happened?
Miranda: Till now, no one knows. They are still looking into it.
Derek: I'm still shocked that this could even happen.
Miranda: We all are. So till everything is repaired we are only using half of the hospital and we can do other surgeries at Seattle press.
Derek: No one else asked, but what about the pediatric department?
Miranda: I still don't know what to do and honestly I tink we can't make any decisions soon after what happened.
Derek: It's unfair something like that happened to them.
Miranda: I can't agree more to that.

It's been a week and Timmy stayed with Arizona's parents and Carina came by each day to see him. Tayla was brought to Seattle press and Maya visited her every single day to check up on her.

Carina: This week has been horrible.
Maya: I know. I can't take my mind of it. And Tayla losing both her parents. It's all unfair.
Jack: That's the hardest thing, knowing that a kid lost both his parents. We could have done more. We could had prevented a kid becoming an orphan.
Maya: We did everything we could. Sometimes these things happen.
Jack: But it is so unfair. I can't sleep, knowing that if we were faster...
Maya: Even if we were faster, we were too late.
Carina: We all needed a miracle.
Maya: So how is Timothy?
Carina: He knows something is wrong. He cries almost the whole day.
Maya: I've never seen something like this. The connection they have is unbreakable. Because of the love they have for him I guess.
Jack: I never wanted so bad to find someone in a good condition like back then.