One way or another

Arizona: Finally. That took so long. Maya and Carina are made for each other.
Y/n: I always love a happy ending.
Arizona: Me too. Oh I have to go, just got paged. I will see you tonight and have fun. I love you.
Y/n: I love you too Zona. As it your birthday Friday, I will take you out for dinner.
Arizona: Sounds perfect to me.

Before returning to the hospital Arizona kissed your cheek and you pulled her in for a sweet short kiss on the lips. She walked away, but turned around after a few steps.

Arizona: You are the best.
Y/n: No, you are the best.

Arizona's pov
Arizona: Some of you have worked on a peds case before, others haven't so hear me out. I run this peds ward differently from how you might used to. It's not general surgery in miniature. They're the tiny humans. They believe in magic. They play pretend. There is fairy dust in their IV bags. They're more resilient than adults. Peds has miracles and magic.
Levi: Okay dr. Robbins.
Arizona: Follow me and meet our first patient, Wallace Anderson.

Arizona then leads the doctors into the ward, where 10-year-old Wallace Anderson is waiting for them the do a check up on him.

Wallace: Hello dr. Robbins, it's good to see you.
Arizona: Hi Wallace, how are you feeling?
Wallace: I'm good, just a little tired.
Arizona: You know that you have short gut syndrome and that it's a miracle you are still here?
Wallace: I'm aware of that dr. Robbins.
Arizona: We had 15 intestinal surgeries to date plus a bowel-lengthening procedure, which helped, but now you are on TPN.
Wallace: We never thought I would get older than 8, but this Friday I will turn 11 years old.
Arizona: I know that and guess what. It's also my birthday this Friday. I will check on you later, try to get some sleep.

Arizona walked out of the room when Wallace's parents followed her and asked her of she had a minute.

Paul: We requested a meeting with Miranda Bailey and a member of the board and we like you to be there as well.
Arizona: I will be there mr. Anderson.

It was half an hour later and Arizona just walked into the meeting room where Miranda and Jennings were already waiting for everyone.

Jennings: Dr. Bailey, do you have any idea what the meeting's about?
Miranda: I don't know sir.
Jennings: Dr. Robbins you better not have done anything to piss them off because the hospital can't afford another misstep.

The Andersons come in and sit down across from the other three.

Bethany: We never believed that Wallace would make it as long as he had.
Paul: We'd like to offer the hospital's peds program $25 million, half to go to research to find a cure for Wallace's condition and half to the hospital itself.
Arizona: I don't know what to say.
Bethany: Happy birthday Arizona.

Y/n's pov
Jo: I will get the next round and you tell me all about the holiday.
Y/n: I will, can I get a white wine please?
Jo: Of course you can. I will be back soon.
Y/n: Oh hey Ames. How are you?
Amelia: I'm good actually. I heard about Maya and Carina.
Y/n: Yes, it's great news. Finally those two are getting married aswel.
Amelia: Shall we have lunch later this week to talk and catch up?
Y/n: It's been some time, so yes I love that. Oh look, Link just walked in.
Amelia: My date is here, speak to you soon.
Jo: I'm here so let this party get started.
Y/n: It's been such a long time since we had a nice evening like this.
Jo: We have to go out more, we only live once.
Y/n: You're right, but I'm married and love spending time with my wife aswel.
Jo: You got boring these days.
Y/n: That's not true. Come one and let's dance.

It's been some hours and Jo and you were clearly drunk. Arizona walked in after her meeting to get you home.

Arizona: Hey my beautiful wife.
Y/n: Oh hey lovely lady. You look amazing as always.
Arizona: She's drunk, right?
Jo: I think we both are.
Alex: And that's why I'm here to bring you home Jo. Because drunk Jo always cause some trouble.
Jo: Not true and you're no fun.
Alex: We will see you later, bye.
Arizona: Let's go home aswel.
Y/n: Can we have one dance together before we leave?
Arizona: Okay one dance won't hurt.
Y/n: And can I have a kiss please?
Arizona: I can't say no to that and I want to kiss you too. It's been an amazing and crazy night.

Arizona wrapped her arms around your neck and gave you a passionate kiss on the lips. You both pulled away and danced until the song was over. You both got home and fell asleep quickly after getting into your pajamas. While getting into your pajamas, Arizona told you about the donation from the Andersons.

The next morning
Arizona: So will you have a look at his case please? I think I will need your help.
Y/n: Of course I will. Let me read it all.
Arizona: So as I told you last night. 25 million dollars. Can you believe it?
Y/n: It's a big number. They picked the right person. If someone can do this, it's you.
Arizona: Do you really think that? Oh great I have to start rounds. See you later.
Y/n: Love you. See you later.
Arizona: I love you too dr. Sloan.

Arizona enters Wallace's room. He had a rough night and he's barely awake. Arizona told him to get some more sleep. He settles in and his mother chants.

Bethany: Bad dreams, bad dreams, go away. Good dreams, good dreams, here to stay. Three times.

Arizona orders more tests to make sure that his bad night wasn't something more. After reading all the information you went to find Arizona.

Y/n: Dr. Robbins do you have some time right now to talk about your patient?
Arizona: Of course we can. Let's go to my office.
Y/n: So I had a look at everything and all the scans. I'm sorry, but he needs a surgery if you want to give him a chance to live some longer. Although I recommend that you shouldn't do the surgery as it is a high risk. I think he won't make it of the table.
Arizona: This is what I was afraid off. I was thinking the same, but I hoped you would see some miracle.
Y/n: I'm so sorry I can't give you what you hoped for.
Arizona: That's okay. It just sucks. I will go and inform the parents.
Y/n: Good luck babe. Page me if you need me.

You gave Arizona a quick peck on the lips before you left the office. Arizona walked out aswel after ten minutes to find Miranda and tell her the news.

Arizona: I have to tell them Miranda. I have to. I know you are the chief, but you can't stop me. I know you are working hard on financial perspective these days, but I have to tell them and I already asked a second opinion for this case.

Arizona is speaking with Wallace's parents with Miranda present. Arizona is questioning whether or not she should operate on Wallace again.

Arizona: I know this is not what you want to hear, but I don't believe he'd make it through another surgery, but with the bowel obstruction, he won't live much longer.
Paul: What if the surgery is a succes?
Arizona: If he makes it through the surgery, it might give him a few more months. I think you need to prepare yourselves and you need to prepare Wallace.
Paul: I haven't put all that money into research to save some other kid!
Miranda: We understand that mr. Anderson. Paul: We want you to operate, so we have more time to buy him a cure.

Arizona and Miranda walk away and Miranda says that if the Andersons want surgery on their son, they'll get it. She encourages her not to walk away unless she's 100% certain she can't do it. Arizona reiterates that it's a bad idea, but Miranda says it's not impossible.

Arizona: I will try and do the surgery.

Arizona run toward the peds wing looking for you, but you weren't there. She asked the nurse, who told her you were in surgery. Arizona walked towards the gallery and pushed the intercom button.

Arizona: Dr. Sloan, how long will this surgery take?
Y/n: Hi dr. Robbins. Uhm I think I will be done in 30 minutes. Why?
Arizona: When you're done and have informed the parents, will you come by in my office please?
Y/n: I will. See you soon.

You were all done and on your way to see Arizona when you got a massage from her to see her outside the hospital.

Y/n: Arizona? What is it you wanted to see me about?