Friend like me

Derek: Hey y/n, sorry that it took so long. I've talked to Amelia and she is willing to let you in, so you can learn. I will do everything and you can just observe.
Y/n: Thank you Derek. Okay, lets go.

You were happy you could see your friend again, but at the same time you were really nerves, you felt even nauseous. Derek walked in first and you followed him slowly walking in behind him. You saw Amelia looking at you with tears in her eyes. You gave her a small smile, because you didn't knew if you could say something at this moment.

Derek: Amelia, how are you feeling?
Amelia: Better. When can I leave this place?
Derek: At the end of this week, but you will need help. Let us all help you. That will make your recovery much easier.
Amelia: I know Derek. Thank you.
Derek: Anymore questions you have right now?
Amelia: Nope. You can leave and help your other patients. I promise I won't do something stupid.
Derek: Okay. Reach out if you need me.
Amelia: Sorry, there's one thing before you all go.
Derek: What is it Amy?
Amelia: Y/n, can you stay a bit longer? I want to talk to you.
Y/n: That's fine. Derek, can I stay with her?
Derek: Of course. You can come and find me later. Page me when you are finished.

Derek left and you were standing in front of the bed not looking at Amelia. You were fidgeting with your fingers, not knowing why she wanted you to stay.

Amelia: How are you?
Y/n: Shouldn't I ask you that? I'm fine, just glad that you are doing better. Are you mad at me?
Amelia: I'm struggling y/n. I'm confused. It's the same in my head as the first time al those years ago. I'm not mad at you, but I'm so freaking out.
Y/n: You need help we can't give you. We want to help you, but you know that we can't give you what you need.
Amelia: I know, but it's hard to say it out loud.
Y/n: I get that Ames. We just want you to get better. We need the best of you. Will you please go and find help? Fight to get better please, I need my best friend.
Amelia: I will get the help I need y/n. Only if you are by my side like the last time. And I'm so sorry, please forgive me and I don't want to lose my best friend.
Y/n: You will never lose me and of course I forgive you. Most important thing is that you are here and will get better. Can I hug you?
Amelia: I want your hug so bad. I missed you.

You were hugging Amelia when Arizona walked past the room and saw it all. She walked further and stood just outside the room with a smile on her face from what she just saw and knowing you loved seeing Amelia again.

Amelia: I missed you so much. I'm sorry for pushing you away.
Y/n: I missed you too. It's okay Ames, I'm here now.
Amelia: It's hard for me to see you with her, but you being my best friend is more important to me. I realize that now.
Y/n: I'm happy to hear that Ames. I was so scared to lose you and our friendship.
Amelia: Lets promise to never break our friendship.
Y/n: I would love nothing more. So are we good?
Amelia: More than good. I will find the help I need and try to find my one, but I hope you will be by my side.
Y/n: Of course I will. Best friends forever.

Arizona saw and heard it all. She walked away after your conversation with Amelia. Something made her think about it and now Arizona was a little upset about how close you still were with her. It was mostly because Arizona was thinking about the texts you got earlier today.

Amelia: Will you have lunch with me tomorrow?
Y/n: I would love that Ames.

You heard a knock on the door and you turned around to see who it was.

Y/n: Hey what are you doing here?
Amelia: Why are you here?
Addison: I'm here to help you both.
Amelia: Both? I understand you will help me, but why y/n?
Addison: Because she needs it. What happened to you is a lot and that has effects on her.
Y/n: I'm still here. Hi Addison, good to see you.
Addison: Good to see you too. Derek called me and I came as soon as I could.
Y/n: I'm just a little confused. You want to help me?
Addison: I know you too well y/n Sloan.
Y/n: Amelia needs you more Addison. I'm fine, I have my own support system now. There are other people who help me a lot.
Addison: Is that so?
Y/n: Addison, you're acting weird. What is going on?
Addison: I'm just worried about you both.
Amelia: Y/n is the strongest of the two of us. She always has been the strongest.
Addison: Can I talk to Amelia in private y/n?
Y/n: Uhm yes of course. See you later Ames. Bye Addison.