Step by step

A week later
Timothy: Mama!
Arizona: There's my handsome man. It's so good to see you. Thank you for bringing him Carina.
Carina: That's okay. I'm sorry m, but I have to run. Emergency in the ER.
Timothy: Mama.

Carina carried Timothy to the bed and gave him to Arizona. Arizona silently cried and held him tight against her chest.

Arizona: I missed you so so much. Sorry that it's been more than a week since I've seen you.

After a minute the was a knock on the door and Amelia was standing at the door of Arizona's patients room.

Amelia: Hey Arizona, I'm sorry to bother you, but I have to check on you.
Arizona: It's fine Amelia. As long as my man is with me, it's all going to be okay. We will get through this together.
Amelia: Remember that we are all here for you.
Arizona: I know, but I just can't believe what happened. I still don't remember everything that happened.
Amelia: You have to fully process what happened. Give it some time, it's for the best.
Arizona: Amelia, do you miss her?
Amelia: I miss her so much Arizona and I can't imagine how much you two miss her.
Timothy: Mommy?
Arizona: Yes Timmy, we are talking about mommy.
Amelia: So what are you going to do if you don't mind me asking?
Arizona: I don't know, I really don't know what we will do.
Amelia: I just want you to know that we are all here for you. For anything.
Arizona: I know, thank you.

Amelia checked on Arizona and after making sure everything was okay, she left to respond to her pager.

Timothy: Mama, train.
Arizona: Did you just say train?
Timothy: Train!
Arizona: That's right, it's a train. You got it from your grandparents.
Timothy: Train mama.
Arizona: You are so cute. Without you I wouldn't survived all of this. Your mommy would've been so proud of you saying train.

After a few minutes the door opened and April walked in with all of her bags. She came straight from the airport to see her friend.

April: Hey Arizona.
Arizona: Oh my god April! When did you got back?
April: Around an hour ago. I was supposed to come back in three weeks, but I heard what happened and thought you could use a friend.
Arizona: I'm so happy to see you.
April: I came as soon as Jackson told me all about what happened.
Arizona: April, I don't know how I can do this all on my own. I know you are all here for us, but it's not the same.
April: I will just stay here with you and Timmy if that's okay?
Arizona: Of course April. I could use the company.

Maya's pov
The next day Maya was coming to see Tayla, who was admitted in the hospital again. Maya was also coming to pick up Carina after her shift.

Maya: Hey Carina, uhm so I visited Tayla again and she is doing great.
Carina: That's amazing news. Is there news about what will happen to her?
Maya: No. It's so hard that a little girl like her just lost both her parents during the explosion.
Carina: It's good to see that she has you.
Maya: Being there for her is the only thing I can do right now.
Carina: Just being there, like we are there for Timothy and Arizona.
Maya: It's been two weeks since it happened. How is she doing?
Carina: She is keeping it together I guess, for Timothy. He is still asking about y/n most of the day.
Maya: Does Arizona remember anything from what happened?
Carina: No, she still doesn't know a single thing.
Maya: We can only try to stay positive and be there for them.
Carina: Lets go and go home Maya, I'm tired.

Arizona's pov
Back at Arizona, who just woke up. Her parents came last week to take care of Timothy. They were staying at your home and will be there to help out.

Barbara: Hi honey, we just wanted to say goodnight for later.
Arizona: Thank you mom, for everything you and dad have done for me, but especially for Timothy.
Daniël: Please call us if you need us. We will take him home and bring him back to you tomorrow.
Arizona: Goodnight Timmy, I love you.
Timothy: Love mama!
Arizona: I'm so proud of you Timothy. So so proud.
Barbara: We will go so you can have some more rest. We will see you tomorrow morning.
Arizona: Thank you for everything mom and dad.

Her parents left and Arizona broke down in tears.

Arizona: I can't do this alone, I need you y/n. I need you here with me and Timothy needs you. You should have seen him saying love and train. You would've been so proud.
Jo: Hey Arizona, are you okay?
Arizona: No, I'm not okay. I need y/n. Timothy needs his other mommy. I miss my wife.
Jo: I'm so sorry. It will be okay.
Arizona: Stop saying it will all be okay, because it won't be okay! I'm losing the love of my life.
Jo: But Arizona, please listen...
Arizona: No, you need to listen! My life is a mess. I'm alive, but why? I don't have my wife with me and Timmy doesn't have two mommies who love him deeply.
Jo: I don't know what you must feel. I will leave you and please let us know when you need us.
Arizona: I don't need anyone. I only need y/n!
Derek: Hey calm down Arizona.
Arizona: And what are you doing here? If you're gonna tell a crappy story that all will be okay then leave immediately!
Derek: I have some good news.
Arizona: What is it?
Derek: Please first, you have to calm down. We are just trying to help you.
Arizona: You can't help me after what happened!
Derek: You don't see it right now, but we are only helping you.
Arizona: The only thing that would help me is having y/n with me, but that's not possible!
Derek: Maybe this news will help.
Arizona: I don't think your news will help me at all!
Derek: Just listen to me please.
Arizona: I give you a minute. So what is the news?
Derek: It's y/n. The news is about y/n.
Arizona: You are joking right?
Derek: No, I know it seems impossible, but she opened her eyes.
Arizona: Is it real?
Derek: Yes, we were checking her and then she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.
Arizona: But the chances were so small.
Derek: I know, so it's a miracle. She is still badly burned all over her body and we have to make a CT scan right now, but I needed to tell you first.
Arizona: What do you think? And please be honest with me.
Derek: I think that neurologic she will be okay in time. If she survived this, it's a miracle Arizona. It will still be a long way to recovery, but there's hope again that she will be back.
Arizona: I can't believe this.
Derek: I can't believe it either, but I'm sorry I have to leave. I need to make that CT scan.
Arizona: Of course, please go.
Derek: I will be back soon with an update.

After some time Derek came back into Arizona's room. She looked up, hopeful for some good news.

Derek: Hey, we have the results of the CT.
Arizona: How bad is it?
Derek: It's not bad. It's even good. There are no permanent damages looking at the scan.
Arizona: That's amazing. Anything else you saw on the scan?
Derek: No, nothing. I don't know how, but her head is clear. I think she still has a concussion as she reacts slowly.
Arizona: So do you have any idea why she was unconscious these last two weeks?
Derek: I'm not sure, but we think the body was protecting itself. Her left side is fully burned and Jackson is treating it every day.
Arizona: Did she spoke?
Derek: Not yet, but the first step is made Arizona. She is strong and a fighter.
Arizona: Is it possible for me to see her?
Derek: I will arrange it all. You will be able to see her soon.