Love really hurts without you

Arizona: I can't believe today is our first scan.
Y/n: I'm so excited. The first time we will see our little peanut.
Arizona: It's crazy knowing that bubba is in my belly for 8 weeks already.
Y/n: I have a surgery in 30 minutes and after the surgery I will meet you there for our appointment.
Arizona: It was a kidney transplant right?
Y/n: Yes. So if everything goes as planned, I will be there right on time. Regina will observe this surgery, she wants to see if I can handle pressure.
Arizona: You will do great, I know for sure.

Arizona kissed your cheek and gave you a hug. You let go of her and walked off, you just turned around and saw her looking at you.

Y/n: I will see you later. Love you.
Arizona: I love you too and good luck babe.

You were about to close when the kid started to code and after almost 45 minutes you had to call it. Regina was very disappointed and yelled at you for what happened. Although you did everything you could to try and safe her. You told Regina you had to go, but she made you stay longer to explain to you that you are useless in her eyes and she will think about keeping you in the program or letting you go. You were scrubbing out, tears in your eyes, when the door opened and Arizona walked in.

Arizona: Hey
Y/n: Hey. Did I missed it? I did, didn't I? I'm so sorry.
Arizona: Yes, you missed it. I was at the appointed all by myself.
Y/n: Regina wouldn't let me go, because the kid didn't made it.
Arizona: Our baby didn't made it aswel.
Y/n: No, that can't be real.
Arizona: It is and you weren't there!
Y/n: I'm so sorry. I should had been there.
Arizona: Why weren't you there with me?
Y/n: The girl didn't made it and Regina decided to yell at me. I told her I had to go and she knew it, but she kept me here instead. I know it isn't an excuse, I should've been there with you. I'm so sorry.
Arizona: I'm going home.
Y/n: I will come with you, my shift is over.
Arizona: No, please leave me alone. I need some time all by myself.
Y/n: I just want to be there for you.
Arizona: You should've been there with me!
Y/n: Arizona please, don't go.

A few hours later
Y/n: Arizona? Are you home?
Arizona: I'm in bed.
Y/n: Hey you, can I lay next to you?
Arizona: Please. Will you hold me?
Y/n: Of course, anything else I can do?
Arizona: Just stay here with me. Don't leave alone.
Y/n: I will. I will never let go of you.
Arizona: I'm sorry.
Y/n: Why are you sorry?
Arizona: I took it out on you. I shouldn't had done that. You lost our baby too. It was our baby.
Y/n: It's okay. I just should had left the OR ignoring Regina. I was supposed to be there with you.
Arizona: I called in sick, so I will stay home tomorrow, I can't go back to work.
Y/n: Of course Zona. Do you want me to stay here with you?
Arizona: You have to go back to work. It's your fellowship.
Y/n: I don't know if I can just go to work like nothing happened. Besides that you are more important to me than this fellowship is.
Arizona: I want to go back to Seattle. I miss our friends and I don't like working here. It feels like I'm suffocating here, it's not what it was all those years ago.
Y/n: Then we should go back to Seattle. We were both happier back there.
Arizona: No, you have to do your fellowship y/n. I can't ask you to drop all of this for me.
Y/n: I'm probably getting kicked out this program soon. Regina thinks I'm not made for it, maybe I should look for something else, maybe I'm not made for this job.
Arizona: Y/n, Regina is just jealous of you. You are way better than her. You have to stay and finish the fellowship.
Y/n: What about us?
Arizona: We will see each other when we can. We will call and text every day, but I can't stay here and you have to finish this fellowship.
Y/n: Arizona, I don't want that.
Arizona: Y/n it's your future.
Y/n: You are my future.

Arizona rolled over and cupped your face in her hand. She kissed you tenderly and sweet at first. After a minute the kiss got more passionate and when you both pulled away, you both got tears in your eyes.

Arizona: I know, but this is for the best. We will get through this.
Y/n: Arizona, you just lost the baby. Can we give it some more thinking before making any decisions yet?
Arizona: We will talk about this later.
Y/n: Do you want me to get you anything?
Arizona: No, just hold me and don't let go tonight. I love you so much y/n.
Y/n: I love you too Zona.

6 months later
April: Arizona, I have to ask. Are you okay?
Arizona: I'm fine April.
April: Be honest with me. You and y/n are separated for 6 months now. I see that you are not yourself.
Arizona: Can you just mind your own business?! I said I'm fine!
Carina: What is going on in here?
Arizona: Nothing. I'm going back to work.
April: She is not fine. She act like she is, but she isn't.
Carina: I see what you mean. I will call y/n to see if she knows something.
April: I think Arizona keeps this to herself. I know she and y/n call and text every day.
Carina: I will call y/n immediately. I'm on a break at the moment.

Phone call
Y/n: Hey Carina, how are you?
Carina: I'm fine. I was just checking in on you. How are you?
Y/n: I'm good. Finally, I get treated like a real surgeon after saving multiple kids with all the same tumor.
Carina: That's amazing although we all already knew you were an absolutely amazing surgeon.
Y/n: Thanks Carina. So how is Maya?
Carina: She is good. I'm actually calling to ask you if there is something going on between Arizona and you?
Y/n: No we are good. What is going on Carina?
Carina: Arizona just doesn't seem like herself lately.
Y/n: I will call you back later, I have to run.

You got paged 911 to a trauma room and when you walked in someone locked the door after you. You quickly turned around seeing someone leaning against the door.

Y/n: Dr. Mills, what is this?
Regina: Dr. Mills really turns me on when you call me that.
Y/n: I have to go. I don't like this at all.
Regina: Just you and me nobody has to know this. Arizona is gone, so we can have a chance.
Y/n: You are unbelievable. I'm leaving and I'm leaving this fellowship!
Regina: You can't do that.
Y/n: Watch me. I'm going back to Seattle. I can learn so much more from dr. Robbins. She is the best pediatric surgeon there is!
Regina: You can go, I don't want you any longer in our program. You will never make it to the top.
Y/n: And again, watch me.
Regina: You can't do this. You have to follow my orders.
Y/n: I'm not staying here any longer. Bye.
Regina: I will make your life a living hell.
Y/n: Try, I won't let you.

You jumped on the first plane to Seattle. You arranged to move all your stuff back in some days. After the plane landed you took a cab straight to the apartment Arizona lived in. You got the address from Carina when you called her in the afternoon, telling her you were coming back to Seattle. You got the the door and knocked on it, not knowing if she would be home. After two minutes the door opened and you saw a shocked Arizona standing there.

Arizona: Y/n? What are you doing here?
Y/n: Hey you, I love you so much.
Arizona: Y/n, why are you here?
Y/n: I love you, not only for who you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. I just love you so freaking much Arizona Sloan Robbins. I love you.
Arizona: I love you too.
Y/n: I can't live without you any longer. I need you like a heart needs a beat.
Arizona: What are you saying?
Y/n: I'm coming back to you. Can I come in?
Arizona: Of course, but what about your fellowship?
Y/n: I stopped, I will never be a better surgeon in that place and with dr. Mills.
Arizona: But your surgical future?
Y/n: I can only be the best when my teacher is the best and that's you Arizona. We can talk to Bailey and ask if I can do the fellowship under your wings. But please can I get a hug?
Arizona: Of course, come here. I missed you so much.
Y/n: I missed you too.

You were sat at the couch, with Arizona sitting in your lap. You were stroking your hand up and down her arm, just enjoying each others company, when all of a sudden Arizona looked you straight in the eye.

Arizona: Did something happen?
Y/n: I'm a better surgeon when I enjoy working, but that isn't the case at Hopkins. Oh and your 'friend' dr. Mills came onto me.
Arizona: What did she do?
Y/n: She forced herself onto me and tried to have sex with me, but I made very clear I don't want to do anything with her and told her I would leave the program. I told her that the moment she tried something with me.

Arizona pulled you in by your shirt and kissed you aggressively, but loving. You unlocked lips when you both needed air.

Arizona: So you are coming back?
Y/n: Yes and we don't know if this is the right decision, but love is being stupid together. So you can call me stupid I guess.
Arizona: You are not stupid. You are the best and I missed you so much.
Y/n: I know you missed me, they told me.
Arizona: Who told you that and what did they say?