Fingers crossed

Arizona: I can't do this April. Have you seen her face. She looked so upset.
April: It's hard to see, but I think you both need to find a way in this.
Arizona: I know, but right now it hurts seeing her like this. It feels like we sort of scared her away.
April: Lets start eating first before you start practicing. Maybe it will take your mind of things.
Arizona: I hope so. I feel the urge to go to her and just hug her. Actually, I could use her hug aswel.
April: This will be a long month, but remind yourself why you do this.
Arizona: We do this to find our way back to each other.

After some time April left and Arizona got ready to go to bed aswel. She walked passed your bedroom door and wanted to see if you were asleep, but she decided to let it go and just try to get some sleep. Time goes by and it's been 15 days since you started the separation. It's been a long day and you lost a young girl who got multiple GSW. Arizona had the day off and stayed at home with the kids. You got home and grabbed a glass of wine.

Timothy: Mommy! I missed you today. We played lots of games and watched a new disney movie together.
Y/n: That sounds so much fun. What movie did you see?
Timothy: It was Encanto. You will love that movie aswel. Can we watch it again soon?
Y/n: We will baby. Did you had dinner already?
Timothy: Yes, we ate lasagna. Mama made the best lasagna ever.
Y/n: Did you leave a piece for me?
Timothy: Of course. Rosey wanted to eat that piece, but I took it from her and mama made sure you could eat it.
Rosey: Mommy! Look, I've learned a new dance with the just dance game.
Y/n: That's amazing. You should teach me this new dance soon.
Rosey: When are we going to have a family day again?
Y/n: Right now I'm not sure. Our schedules are not the same at work at the moment.
Rosey: I wish we could have a family day soon. I miss being together like we were at Christmas.
Arizona: And we will make sure we will have the best family day soon. Right now, it is time to get some sleep.
Timothy: Goodnight mommy, I hope you like the lasagna.
Y/n: I don't doubt I will like mama's lasagna. She makes the best together with auntie Carina.
Rosey: Goodnight mommy. I will read a story to Lucy, because I think you she likes it.
Arizona: Lets get our asses to bed. Goodnight y/n.
Y/n: Goodnight Arizona.

Later that night you wandered around the house and to your room, but before you entered it, you turned and went to Arizona's room. You saw Arizona sleeping on the bed with reading material on top of her. The door creeks, which woke Arizona.

Y/n: I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to wake you.
Arizona: It's okay. I need to clean this first before falling asleep.
Y/n: What are you reading?
Arizona: Some information about fetal surgery. You can read it aswel soon.

You walked into the room and sat down on the bed next to Arizona without saying a word. After a few moments of hesitation, you both came closer to each other, inched away from each other.

Arizona: We shouldn't do this. As much as I want this to happen, because I miss you so much.
Y/n: You're right, but I want this too. That's a good thing right?
Arizona: I think that's good. I love you.
Y/n: I love you too. We are halfway through this separation, soon we can sleep next to each other. Goodnight Zona.
Arizona: That's what I want. Lets forget this happened. Goodnight.

A few days later it was Arizona's turn to take the kids home. You had a long surgery with Carina and Amelia. You managed to safe the girls life after she felt down her treehouse.

Amelia: This was crazy. Have you ever seen that many bleeders at the same time?
Y/n: No, she is so lucky. Just 16 years old and during this all we also found out she is pregnant.
Carina: And looking at some bruises, I really think she didn't got pregnant because she wanted to become a young mom.
Amelia: We need to find out more once she wakes up. I'm also not sure how she is once she wakes up. There was a lot of damage around her frontal lobe.
Carina: It's a miracle that the baby looks all good.
Y/n: So what did you think about how far along she is?
Carina: I think she is around 10-12 weeks.
Amelia: I will stay here at the hospital to keep an eye on her and maybe find out what happened to this girl.
Y/n: Call us when she is awake and when you know more.
Amelia: I will, I see you both later.