Every hero needs a story

A/N so this will manly be Alex's story with her parents and before Venom and next chapter will be how she met Venom and all that.

Alex POV  (she would be around 12)

I was reading a book in my room waiting for my mom to call me downstairs.

Tonight we were heading out for a party with some of my parents friends from there old high school, I was actually really excited to go. There was supposed to be a lot of food and desserts so that was the main reason I agreed to go.

"Alex honey, you ready to head out?" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah mom I'm coming" I shouted back grabbing my jacket off my desk and running down the stairs. It was more like jumping down the stairs to see how much noise I could make...but it still works.

I slipped on a hat and a pair of gloves that where by the door before I walked out the door to the car. It was basically the middle of winter and it was all icy and cold so I walked just to be safe.

I climbed into the car and buckled up. My dad was in the front seat and my mom was in the passengers side.

"You all buckled up kiddo" my dad asked fixing the mirror to see better.

"Yup" I nodded.

"Let's get this party started!" My dad called out as he slowly backed out of the driveway.

"Can you put on some music?" I asked. I never really liked full silence, I always liked a little something playing in the background.

"No I need to be able to pay attention to the road" my dad told me.

"All right" I mumbled.

I looked out the window just day dreaming and letting my imagination run wild.

"20 more minutes" my mom called out.

My head snapped forward "huh?" I asked confused.

"20 more minutes tell we get there" my mom repeated.

I looked at the little clock and sure enough about 20 minutes had passed since we had gotten on the road.

I was looking ahead of us on the road. We where going fast even though it was icy and slippery but my dad still drove on. 

Traffic was kind of bad and busy but it was still drivable. The cars were clearing up a little so we went on there where a few less cars. But there where still quite a few.

I was spacing out just looking out the front window. My dad had his head to the side talking to my mom who was laughing along.

When my brain regain focus I could see a car swerving back and forth on the road fast. You could tell the car was speeding and pushing down the brakes with no intentions of stopping quickly, the car was headed right for us.

"DAD WATCH OUT!" I yelled.

My dad head snapped back to me and forward in seconds. His eyes widened and he griped the stearin wheel and swerved it to the side.

The car yanked over to the side and slipped on the road. The car that was supposed to hit us missed.

Missed a head on collision that is.

Since my dad swerved the two cars barley averted a head on collision, but instead it hit the side of the car and sent us spiraling off the road. It didn't help that since my dad turned the wheel so hard and fast that the tires didn't have enough time to gain traction on the icy road.