Phone call

-3rd person POV-

-at the warehouse-

"Alex I need you're help!" Miles ran over to Alex with his phone in his hand.

"What are you ok?" she asked looking up from her snack.

The teens were doing a day patrol and they were in the middle of a quick snack break back at 'home base' as they called it (it was just the old warehouse they had been training at)

"No! You know how it's day time right now?"

"Yeah, we're doing a day patrol" Alex stated simply.

"Exactly! And now my mom is trying to do a face time call and is asking how things are going because I said I was hanging out with friends for a while because it was either lie and say I already had plans with some friends" Miles took a breath before continuing.

"OR go to a family gathering. And I LOVE my family but I really didn't want to deal with babysitting all the younger kids, AND my My favorite uncle- his name is Arron by the way- won't even be there! He said he was at work or something and I don't even know what he DOES for work, I think he's a construction guy or something" Miles started to go off-topic.

"Miles as much as I would love to hear about your uncle focus on what you were talking about" Alex interrupted.

"Right, so I lied and said I made plans with some friends from school who I had been talking to -which is you guys- and said that they were hanging out and invited me along and that you would be helping me get to know the school more and what to expect because schools starting up again." Miles continued.

"And then my mom let me go ONLY because she thought it would be good and healthy for me to learn about my 'new school' and stuff. BUT she texted and said she wanted to call to make sure we were doing what we were supposed to be doing and now I'm panicking" Miles finished.

"How long do we have?" Alex asked.

"Uh longest I got us is 5 minutes"

"We can work with that, Miles grab the clothes you wore over your suit and be ready to swing back to my place in record time. Then toss the clothes over you suit, and just sit in the living room. And I can take care of the lie" Alex said quickly.

"Got it" Miles nodded grabbing his things.

"Pete!" Alex yelled.

"I heard! And I'm ready"

The teens swung fastly to Alex's apartment with her leading the way.

Once at her window she opened it and climbed through into her living room silently thanking herself for cleaning the night before.

Alex and Peter both crossed their arms over their chest in an X and broke it causing their suits to retract back into the bracelets. Miles already had his clothes thrown over his spiderman suit and was now standing in the middle of the living room.

Alex turned on the t.v and put on a random Scooby doo episode.

"Quick sit on the couch and throw blankets over you and look relaxed, and if she asks tell her we talked about what you can do for your final year and the options of extra credit things and we finished that and now we're watching some t.v for a while," Alex said a rushed out plan.

"How are you good at this?!" Miles asked.

"Fewer questions now and more calling mother" she rushed him.

And on the exact 5 minute mark Miles phone start to ring announcing a face time call with his mom.

"Hey Mom!" Miles smiled as he answered the phone.

"Miles! How is everything going?" Miles's mom asked.

"Great! We finished with pretty much everything and now we're just taking a break" Miles explained.

"That's great honey! And Sorry for calling I just wanted to check in and make sure everything was going ok, you know new places and friends, just like to make sure your safe"

"I know mom, I understand" Miles nodded along.

"And now that I got you on the phone introduce me to your friends, I've only heard a little about them," Miles's mom asked.

"Uh ok, this is Alex we're at her place right now" Miles pointed at Alex.

Alex waved looking at the phone. "Hello ma'am"

"Hello, thank you for helping my son with school and everything"

"Oh it's no problem, Miles is amazing" Alex smiled along.

"Oh your too sweet" The woman gushed.

"And this is Peter" Miles pointed at Peter.

"Hello ma'am" Peter also waved.

"Nice to meet you Peter, Miles you have such polite friends, you should take notes"

"Mom!"

"I'm just kidding" She waved off, "Now I got to go finish dinner, you kids have fun!" she waved as she hung up the phone.

We all waited until we were sure she was off the phone before sinking back into the couch.

"Why was that more stressful than it should have been" Miles asked.

"Don't know, I don't have parents so I don't have to worry about that" Alex joked.

Peter snorted, "Yea you just have to make it up to Mrs. Chen every time your late"

"At least she knows! Do you know how many times I get beat people up because they try to rob the store, its a lot!"Alex defends herself.

"Wouldnt that have people ask questions on how you can?" Miles asked.

"Most people are too scared to admit they got beat up by a teenager" She shrugged.

"Fair"

Suddenly there was scratching on the floors before Bowie ran into the room. "Human thing! You are home!" the dog exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes, I am! Come here" she talked to the dog who ran over to her.

"DID THAT DOG TALK AND WHY IS HE A ROBOT!?" Miles yelled.

"Yes he did, and he's a robot because he can be, isn't that right Bowie" Alex cooed the last part rubbing the dogs face.

"That is the coolest thing I have ever seen" Miles whispered.

"Wait tell you see the chickens that are trained like dogs, the magic raven, and the rat" Peter laughed.

"THE WHAT!?"

Alex whistled and suddenly a raven popped up on her shoulder and two chickens and a robotic rat with bright eyes came running.

Miles was speechless. Which was normal in this situation. The animals hopped up on the couch and sat on top of Alex's legs.

"How?" was all Miles asked.

"Venom stole the chickens, The raven was a present from Thor, and Dog and Rat are from Tony stark," Alex said shortly petting all her pets.

"You are so cool"

"I know, now let's relax for a little before we go back out" Alex said relaxing on the couch.

And for a while they did. But eventually, they went back out to patrol.

A/n

I don't know if Miles moms actions are even correct. I haven't played the video game in a while sooooo.

I just had the idea and since Alex doesn't have parents, and I didn't want to use Peter I thought 'Miles has parents so why not'

 And boom that's how I come up with my amazing ideas

But yay new chapter.

-the Author.