Pets

⚠️Also just a warning for not eating much and not sitting right with food in the second paragraph and Alex being angsty the whole time⚠️ Remember to eat even if it's just a little food and it's hard. (a little goes a long way) And remember to drink water.

Alex POV

It was really hard to be sad when you have 5 pets. Even harder when 3 of them are MADE to be emotional support things. And the other 2 are chickens.

One day I just wasn't feeling the best. I hadn't left my room in a whilw and haven't eaten much that day, I had tried to eat but whenever I tried too it just didn't sit right with me and made me feel nauseous. Water was even hard to drink. Nothing was sitting right with me today.

And when I tried to get out of my room every little thing was pissing me off. The little crumbs that stuck to my feet no matter how many times I sweep. The way everything was so bright and too dark at the same time. The way everything smelled wrong. The fact that none of my favorite songs were hitting well. The fact that I was doing nothing when I could be doing something good (I was a fucking superhero for fucks sake I'm supposed to do good and be good). The way all my clothes were too heavy and warm even though I just wanted to wear sweatpants and hoodies all day. The way my clothes itched on my skin made me want to scratch my body. The way I was getting mad when it was only the little things.

I was pretty sure this day was just a living sensory overload.

And I had a higher metabolism due to Venom (who had decided to sleep for the day due to a longer and heavy patrol the previous night) And that left me feeling even worse. I had a headache (it was probably a migraine at this point)  and felt hungry but couldn't eat. And I was pretty sure I was sick. So in all, I was about to either kick stuff or cry.

I tried to sleep the day away but a person can only get so much sleep before it becomes harder to fall asleep. I would have tried to call a friend to distract myself but everyone was busy and I didn't want to bother anyone. I could have watched t.v but it was broken and I needed to get new cords to connect everything together due to the old ones being best up and old. 

So I just laid in bed feeling guilty and alone.

That was until the door creaked open and all the animals walked in. Most of the time Bart was in the sewing room, The chickens were on the couch, Wednesday was in the kitchen judging everything from her spot on top of the fridge, and Bowie lays in the middle of the living room.

But this time all the animals made their way into my room and onto the bed. Bowie made a ramp for the ones who couldn't jump that high before making his way up into the bed as well. 

I was laying on my back as Sunny and Char made their way close to my head, Bart curled up on my chest, Wednesday perched on my knee, and Bowie laying his head on my lap.

I moved my hand to rest on top of Bowie's head. 

"I appreciate you very much" Bowie's voice spoke. His voice was quiet.

 I chuckled at the fact that he still sounded like the dog from up before responding to him, "Thank you, I appreciate all of you" I responded softly.

"Would you like me to play a movie?" Bowie asked.

"You can do that?" I whispered.

"I can do many things"

"Could you play My Fair Lady?" I asked. (Great Movie by the way)

"Playing My fair Lady"  

A projection played out of Bowies eyes and I watched as the credits started to play before the movie. And suddenly the lights in the room stared to dim even though it was still light out. I looked over and it was due too Wednesday. She was controlling the amount of light in the room. Freaking amazing magic bird. 

After a while of credits, My Fair Lady started to play.  

I was feeling better. The lights weren't bright. I had something to distract myself from everything. And I felt like my animal companions were there for me. 

The rest of the day slowly got better. 

It was tough and slow at first but slowly I felt better, I even ate and drank water so that felt nice. But I felt better. 

I ended up falling asleep after a while and got some sleep. I skipped patrol for the night. I wasn't required to save everyone, I mean I try hard enough that I deserve a break from responsibilities for a night....

Right?

A/n

Yay angst

But like Don't you love animals

BEACUSE I FUCKING DO

BUT LIKE ALEX AND HER PETS WILL RULE THE WORLD

also if you couldn't tell in some weird way this was a vent chapter.

 IM GOING THROUGH FEELINGS OK?!

And you can't live like Alex without angst! 😃

But like I need angst in the story to balance out all the fluff I give you all.

So you get this

Anyways

Goodbye 

-The Author