The start of the end

Alex POV

I had been invited to another charity event by Tony again, and naturally, I accepted. Peter was also invited but he was still in rough shape so I made him stay back at my place.

I got dressed in loose jeans, a t-shirt, and some tennis shoes. I then rid my bike to the tower and went up the elevator like I normally did.

Once I was in the main area for the event Cassie and Nate both ran up to me and started talking to me. I had told them I needed to tell Tony I had arrived so I dragged both the kids along with me, (Cassie was thrown over my shoulder and Nate was hooked around my leg making it only slightly hard to carry them)

Once I spotted Tony I made my way over to him.

"Tony I'm here" I told him shortly.

He looked me over for a moment before he spoke,"What is it with you two"he motioned at Cassie and Nate, "And crawling all over Alex?"

"She can actually carry us" Nate said smiling up at Tony.

"Trust us it's the best way to move" Cassie said seriously, even though her head was facing my back we could tell she was nodding.

"Alright now that you know I'm here I'm going to find food" I announced. Cassie and Nate both cheered as we slowly made our way to find the food.

There was a big buffet type of table with food spread all over, there were already a lot of people in the room so it was kinda hard to dodge them but we made it to the food anyways. I carefully put Cassie down on the floor and Nate stood up next to me.

Cassie had already grabbed a paper plate and started to fill it with food. I turned to Nate, "What would you like?" I asked him.

"Sandwiches and chips..... oh! And juce" he told me. I helped put together a plate and a drink for Nate then handed it off to him and watched as he went to a coffee table in the corner that Cassie was also at eating. I grabbed a sandwich then I went back over to Nate and Cassie.

I sat behind them on the couch and ate the sandwich.

I quickly finished the sandwich and dusted my hands off, I looked around the room to see Tony waving me over to him. I nudged Cassie and Nat and told them I would be talking to Tony if they needed anything.

I walked up to Tony, "You rang?" I asked.

"I did, I want you to meet some friends of mine from MIT I think you'll like" he started. Tony was really nice and helped a lot in showing me options for collages in the future. It helped a lot.

"Hello I'm Alex, it's nice to meet you all," I said politely with a smile. It was easy to act like you were fancy, just smile, nod, laugh along, use good grammar, and don't say fuck (most the time at least).

It was around half an hour of talking to people before I felt a poke in my side. I looked down to see Cassie, Nate, and a few other children standing next to my side.

"Can you play now?" Nate asked me looking up.

I glanced over to Tony and he gave me a nod. I turned back to the small crowd of kids, "I can" I nodded at them. A small cheer went out and Cassie grabbed my hand and started pulling me away.

It was always fun to see what they would all come up with. Normally at any event Tony had I was either sticking with Peter (who surprisingly hadn't sneaked in) or I was babysitting a group of kids that parents would let run around.

It was fun.

Until the doors were slammed open by a burst of bright blue light. After the light had disappeared a man strutted in, he was in a classic magicians outfit but it was more fitted and looked fancier.

"Well hello there," The man started. (if anyone says anything about star wars I will make Alex apart of fortnight , don't test me)

A/n

IM HAVING FUN WITH THIS

Also

ARE YALL READY FOR THIS

Also photo at the top is Magic man, and The friend drew it so it's hers. I forced- I mean politely asked her to draw Magic man.

So yay for the friend

She also says hello

-the author