twenty one

Luna's POV
~*~

"Your debut performance was amazing!" Mum gushes to me over the phone speaking in English.

Jungkook and Jimin practically pushed me away once we had finished dinner telling me they would clean up. So I decided to come to my room and call my parents.

"Thank you, I worked really hard," I smile, speaking in English while sitting on my bed staring out at the city lights.

"Have you been eating well? What did you have for dinner?" Mum asks, always so concerned about my health.

"Yes Mum, I cooked Bibimbap," I tell her.

"Ohh was it nice?" I hear Dad ask in the distance.

"Yes it was," I chuckle.

"You must be tired, you better get some rest," Mum says sweetly.

"Yes, I love you-" I sigh. "I'll call again soon okay?"

"We love you too,"

I smile before ending the call, chucking my phone on my bed.

It had been five years since I saw my parents, it pained me so much being away from them. I dreamed of the day where we reunited with each other.

Long distance sucked.

I walk out of my room and back down the hallway.

"You need to hurry up and get this taken down-" I overhear Namjoon saying.

I furrow my eyebrows walking out into the living area to see Namjoon pacing back and forth while he was on the phone to someone and the rest of the boys sitting and standing around the table on their phones.

"What's wrong?" I ask, surprising them as their eyes widen as they look over at me.

Nobody answers me as I walk over to Yoongi, placing a hand on the back of his chair looking at his phone in his hands.

I sigh reaching out to grab his phone from his hands which he gives to me willingly, letting me look at what was open on his phone.

Big Hit's talentless princess

My eyes widen as I read the title of the article, quickly scanning through the entire article which talks about the only reason I was getting attention is because of HYBE and that I was apparently getting everything handed to me because I was female despite having zero talent.

"That's enough," Jimin says, suddenly appearing beside me, grabbing Yoongi's phone out of my hands stopping me from reading any more.

"Big Hit are taking it down right now," Namjoon tells me.

"You know what they said is not true," Hoseok tries to reassure me.

"They did this to TXT and Enhypen when they debuted as well," Yoongi says.

"It's not that part that frustrates me," I sigh. "It's having my gender called out for why I am apparently getting things handed to me,"

"Remember what I told you," Jimin says, wrapping one of his arms over my shoulder.

I think of what Jimin told me, on how the only opinions that matter are of the people who surround me that I love and trust.

I knew he was right but it still sucked to see articles like this written about me.

~*~