Nice 2 Meet U

Prince's POV

"They've done a lot to get you into this movie. Especially considering they have to dub all your singing. You should be excited that we start today."

"Why don't we just stay home and say we went?" She drags her hands across my chest and I feel her pulling me in again. She has a way of offering her body to me in a way I can't refuse. I'm upset with her still but it's hard to resist her. I lay back down with my wife and promise myself we won't be late.

Genevieve's POV

Today's our first day on set. Tyson, the choreographer I'm studying under, and I have run dances and formations for a few months and it's finally time to get some hands on training. He picks me up from my apartment and we head across town to First Avenue.

"Alright, when we get in there I want you to go straight to the stage and warm up." The car is parked and my long red coat drags on the ground as I scurry inside.

The club is huge. The dim lighting and giant stage makes this perfect for a movie with a lot of music and dancing. I've only heard a few songs but I like the way they groove. I can't wait to see how everything plays out. I do as I'm told and head to the stage to stretch. I spend time doing my regular stretches before deciding to have some fun testing the stage. Standing tall with a big stretch I then, settle into a back bend. My back cracking on the way down. Walking around a little I find center stage before kicking over and spending some time walking in my hands. With straight legs and pointed feet, I do a split in the air, swirling my legs to check the movement of my joints.

"Wow that's pretty incredible." Balancing carefully I turn to face her.

"Thanks!" I bend my knees and lower my legs to the ground before sitting up to talk to her. "Hello, I am Genevieve."

"My names Apollonia. Are you a dancer or something?" She smiles at me her cheeks red like apples. I can't help but smile back.

"Yes. I'm working with Tyson to teach you all the choreography. Are you an actress?"

"Yea, I play one of the girls in the band. Have you met anyone else yet?" I shake my head. "Come with me. I'll introduce to everyone."

We walk around waving and talking to everyone we come across. They all smile and introduce themselves. A few of them say something about my accent. I smile and tell them I'm not from here and that seems to be enough.

"Appl- hmm. I'm sorry. Could you say your name for me again? It's a little hard for me to say."

"Apollonia. Apple like the fruit then oh-nia."

"Can I call you Apples for short?" She smiles and nods grabbing my hand before we sit down.

"So where are you from?"

"Trinidad and Tobago. It's in the Caribbean."

"How long have you been in America?"

"Since I was 12 so about 15 years."

"Do you miss it?"

"Sometimes. Sometimes I miss the jungle or the ocean. My island has the bluest water you've ever seen. Little things like that."

"Have you been back since you left?"

"Only two times. I went back when I started puberty so me Aunt could help me with me clothes and again for me 18th birthday. So it's been almost 10 years." Our conversation is interrupted by a short tan man with freckles.

"Hey, Stella. I've never seen you before."

"I don't know who Stella is but I'm Genevieve."

"You not from around here are you?" I shake my head.

"My name is Morris Day. Let me know if you ever need a tour of the city."

"I'm sure she can manage just fine, Morris." Apollonia adds before shooting him away.

"Is he the star of the movie?" She chuckles.

"No, he wishes. Prince is the star. Him and his wife, Mayte, are the lead characters."

"Did I meet them?"

"No we didn't see them when we were walking but I'll point them out when they get here. It's still kinda early."

We sit and chat for a while allowing the time to pass before she has to go to hair and makeup. When the time comes, we say our goodbyes and wander around the building. I find a breakfast buffet with quick breakfast snacks, drinks, and plenty of fruit. I pick up banana and a bottle of water before turning and looking around. Another short man walks in with a woman following close behind.

"I'm late for hair and makeup and so are you. Go to your dressing room. I'll see you on set." The man says still walking towards me. The woman grabs his arm and pulls him back.

"Kiss me first." She pouts at him before giving me an odd grin. He kisses her quickly and walks off. She stands there for a moment obviously upset then flips her hair and walks the other way. The man approaches the table and stands beside me while he selects his food.

"What'd you get?"

"Just a banana and some water." He blinks a few times at the table and grabs something in a foil wrapper. He opens it quickly and pulls the pastry apart. I watch intently as he bites into it.

"What you've never seen a pop tart before?" I shake my head.

"No."

"Here try a piece." He hands me half of his pop tart and I take a small bite.

"My god! This is supposed to be breakfast?! It's all sugar! Bah, no wonder Americans have so many gyms."

"Not your thing?"

"Not this early. The only sweet thing I ever ate for breakfast before coming to America was rum cake and that was only for New Years." He smiles nodding at my words. He looks over at me and that's when I notice his eyes. A beautiful shade of hazel brown I've never seen on a Black person before. His lips curl into a half smirk as he looks at me for the first time. Grabbing a green apple, he tosses it in the air and walks back to hair and makeup.