Waiting Game

Prince's POV

A knock on the door breaks my fragile concentration as I try to focus on standing up.

"W-what is it?" My words slur in my mouth I didn't realize I was this drunk. I also didn't realize I haven't spoken in over an hour.

"I have the tape for you, sir."

"Come in and put it on the table." The guard moves quickly, I can tell he's uncomfortable seeing me like this. I would be uncomfortable too if my boss was drunk at 6pm.

I grab the tape and struggle to stand. I have to find her now. Maybe Andre is right, maybe this is my funeral. If by some miracle she doesn't kill me she might break up with me and that's probably worse. I had our whole lives planned out and just like that it'd be over.

I look down at the tape in my hand and feel tears roll down my cheeks. I've made mistakes before and I'll make mistakes again but I promised her I'd stop doing shit like this to her. I told her it was her and her only from here on out and I broke that. Her dad trusts me to take care of her. He thinks I'm the man she's meant to marry but how can I marry her if Mayte keeps screwing with my head?

I take careful steps through the house afraid I'll fall if I move too fast. I knock on the door to her room and it swings open. I walk in hoping to see her but she isn't there. I know this where she wanted to meet because this is the only room up here with a tv.

I sit at her vanity and look around at all the things I've given her. This room was such a happy place for her. It saddens me to think it won't be anymore or worse it won't be hers.

The tears continue to fall as I anticipate the worst. She's leaving me and the band and it's all my fault. Her dad was wrong about me. Everyone else was right. I'm no good especially not for her.

Genevieve's POV

"Prince..?" I ask in shock. He's already here but his eyes are red and he seems sad. He turns to look at me and I can see the tear stains in his cheeks. His eyes are green. He's telling the truth.
"A-are you crying?" He practically falls off my vanity stool and crawls over to me. His arms wrap around my legs and he buries his head in my stomach.

"Genevieve, baby. Baby, I'm sorry. I'm... I'm sorry I'm such a bad boyfriend. I'm so sorry I hurt you. She held me and it...it felt so nice but it's because she...she used to be my safe place but she took advantage of that. She held me every time she wanted something. I thought it was love and affection but it was all just manipulation. I didn't kiss her, I promise. She kissed me and I hated it and I'm so sorry. Please stop being mad at me. I hate when you're mad at me." His words tumble clumsily out of his mouth as he looks up at me with pleading eyes and a wet face.

"Are you drunk?" I ask kneeling down to his level, wiping away his tears and pushing his hair out of his face.

"I'm sorry about that too." I smile a little. In a silly way he's drunk mess is very sweet. I know he's drunk because he was worried and he needed to calm down but wasn't sure how.

"How much did you drink?"

"Like 3 glasses of cognac maybe 4."

"Do you want some water or something to eat?"

"I want you to not be mad at me anymore."

"I'm not."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes but we can talk about that later. Right now, we got to sober you up."

I'm gentle as I help him to his feet. I lead him down the hall to his room and have him sit on the bed.

"Take off your day clothes and lay down."

"Are you leaving me, mama?"

"No, baby. I'll be right here. I'm gonna call Susan and have her make you my hangover remedy. While I do that get undressed and get cozy." I pick up the phone and do something I don't do often, use his staff. I do my best to make their jobs easier but he's going to need more than just water.

"Yes, Susan? I need your help. Could you make a batch of my hangover remedy? No, it isn't for me. I'll tell you everything you need. Most of it should be in the freezer. The water of a coconut, a cup of watermelon, a whole cucumber, the juice of a lime, four mint leaves, half a green apple, and a handful of green grapes. I froze a lot of watermelon and coconut water this summer there should be some in the freezer. Blend it all together until it's drinkable. I do recommend peeling the grapes and apple because the skin can be unpleasant. Yes, you can just add water. No, I'm okay. Yes, I'll take the other half of the apple. Alright, thank you , Susan." I put down the phone and turn around to see Prince completely naked, face down in the bed. A thought runs across my mind and before I can tell myself it's a bad idea I squeeze his butt. He jumps before turning to look at me.

"Hey, lady. You have to pay for that."

"Is three kisses enough?"

"Five."

"How about four and I make us some food later when you're feeling better?"

"Can you make the spicy rice?"

"Sure." I smile. He never remembers the word Jollof when he asks but I always know what he means.

"With the big chicken?"

"Yes with the big chicken." I chuckle.

"Then, grab away."