U Should Go

Prince's POV

Its been a few days since the accident and she doesn't seem to be feeling better. I can tell having me here is comforting to her but she's still worried about her family. When I'm away, she just lays in bed. When I'm here we just cuddle and eat and watch tv. I don't mind it and I'll always be here for her but I can tell she needs more.

Right now we're getting in the car. I paid a driver to take us for a drive around town. Im thinking we'll grab some food and maybe sit in a park for a little. I just thought she could use the fresh air and an opportunity to get out the house.

"Where'd you get a driver?"

"I just made a few calls."

"But why?"

"Don't laugh." She looks up at me with a concerned face. "It's a little embarrassing and a little selfish." My nose crinkles as the words leave me mouth.

"What is it?"

"Promise you won't laugh." She rolls her eyes and holds out her pinky. I look down at her small manicured hands and link my pink with hers. Without letting go I move close to her. "I got a driver because i I wanted to be close to you and I can't do that or look at you when I'm driving."

"You look at me all the time when you're driving." She smiles.

"And that's why I'm always getting honked at." I chuckle. She rests her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. I look down at our linked pinkies and smile. I release her pinky and hold her hand in mine. I can hear her smile as she nuzzles into me.

"Prince?"

"Yea?"

"Is your family still in Minnesota?"

"Yea, the live in Minneapolis."

"Do you ever go visit them?"

"Sometimes, when I miss them but that doesn't happen often."

"Why not?"

"We just aren't very close."

"Even you and your siblings?"

"We all only share a father so we aren't really close either. Except Tyka, I talk to her every now and then."

"I'm sorry."

"Why? You didn't do it?"

"Everyone needs family. Everyone needs someone to lean on when times are hard. My family and I have been through a lot together. Especially, when we moved here but we had support. Mamakoko paid for the building that became the restaurant. Baba's aunties took me in when I was a teenager and I was struggling to find clothes in America. They measured me and made me clothes and taught me how to sew. I wouldn't have anything without my family." I sigh a little hearing her lamentations. I get why this is so hard for her now. Her family goes above and beyond for her. She just wants to do the same. I knock on the window and the partition lowers.

"Yes, sir?"

"Take us back, please."

"Yes, sir." The partition rolls back up and Genevieve sits up, turning to face me.

"We're going home but we just left?"

"I know but I want to spend some more time with you before you leave."

"Leave where?"

"When all of this started, I called the airport and bout you a ticket home. I knew you'd go back and forth about wanting to go so I picked a later date. Your flight leaves tomorrow at noon." Tears well up in her eyes and she opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. "If you're family means that much to you, I think you should go."