Its All Accidental

Prince's POV

Saturday and Sunday came and went and she still hasn't called. I know I shouldn't be worried about it especially since I'm laying next to some other girl right now. I brought her home from the club last night. Her name is Amber or Ashley or something like that but it doesn't really matter. I've done this every night since I kicked Mayte out. Another club, another girl, another long night, except the night of the party. When I'm with Genevieve I don't feel lonely or angry anymore. I don't think about Mayte or the stuff she did. I don't even think about the movie. I just think about her and music.

"Good morning, Prince", she smiles wrapping her body around me, interrupting my thoughts. "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept fine, mama", I say rubbing her back absentmindedly.

"Why don't we pick up where we left off?" She bites her lip looking up at me. Her eyes are begging but I'm just not interested.

"I'd love to baby but, I've got work to do." I stand up from the bed and start looking around for a robe. I can see her in the mirror as she poses trying to entice me back into the bed. When I don't budge the anger on her face is priceless. She climbs out from under the covers and grabs all her clothes. Quickly putting them on and walking to the door before slamming it shut.

I make my way through the house and into the kitchen. On autopilot,  I head straight to the coffee maker  but, realize it's already full. I shrug and grab a mug, pouring myself a cup and making it to my liking. I turn around, leaning on the counter, before I take my first sip.

"Well, good morning." I soft voice speaks from across the island. I stop in my tracks looking up from my cup and there she is smiling. I put down my mug and quickly retie my robe before sitting down in front of her. "It's funny how someone who has appeared partially naked on album covers and on stage can hate feeling exposed." She chuckles sipping from her own mug before looking up at me.

"When did you get here?"

"I've been here since 2."

"It's like 10 am!"

"I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd come get some work done."

"How'd you end up in the kitchen?"

"Needed to refill my water bottle around 6. Asked the guard near me where I could go and he lead me here. I returned 15 minutes ago and a woman named Susan offered to make me a cup of coffee."

"So you haven't gone to sleep?" I ask looking at her nearly empty cup of coffee. She shakes her head and rests it on her elbow. Her eyes seem so bright for someone who hasn't slept. "Did you get anything done?"

"Plenty. I finished most of the simple group choreography but now I'm working on our duet."

"Duet?"

"Yes. For International Lover, remember?" I sort through my memories and try to remember the conversation we had about it in the car. "Well it's coming along well I just need to work out some spacing issues before we start practicing."

"When do you want to start?"

"When does the tour start?"

"About a month and a half?"

"Do you retain choreography as well as you retain music?" I shake my head with shame between sips and we both chuckle.