Full Disclosure

Prince's POV

Another day on set with the band. I was sitting around watching Morris and Jerome do a few takes when someone touches my shoulder. It's Wendy holding back a laugh. She motions me out off set and into a trailer where everyone else is in a heated discussion.

"They've been going back and fourth for like 10 minutes. You've got to see this."

"Man I'm telling you she ain't into dudes like you!"

"Like you've talked to her at all! Whenever she walks in who does she speak to first?"

"Prince." The room erupts into laughter as I find my seat. Miko turns to me looking for an ally.

"Aye tell Andre to chill out."

"He just made I had the balls to do the shit he's been trying to do for months."

"I called dibs, man!" I look between them and put all the pieces together.

"Is this about Genevieve? What happened now?"

"Andre asked her out!" Miko grunts flopping back in his chair.

"Okay and what'd she say?"

"She said she'd think about it." Andre shrugs not feeling any particular way.

"You know she'd never date any of you right?" Apollonia speaks up from the corner. I didn't even realize she was in here. The rest of the women snicker. Every man in the room looks at them with confused eyes.

"What? She like girls or something?" Miko asks scratching his head earning more laughs from the girls.

"She doesn't want to date anymore artists. Last guy ruined her life. She taking a break from dating all together but especially creative guys."

"So I can't have her cuz she's afraid of my talent? That's whack." Miko says slumping.

"No, you can't have her because she don't want your ugly ass." Andre chuckles. "Me and Prince can't have her."

"Don't bring me into this."

"Nah cousin. Don't try to act cool. I know your secret." The room falls silent as we look at each other. The smirk in his face tells me he knows something but I can't think of what. I put on my best poker face and cross my arms.

"What're you talkin about?"

"What we're y'all talking about the other day?"

"The day y'all rehearsed without me?"

"Yea. That didn't seem to be about the music, brother." The room fills with agreement sounds and I feel myself being trapped.

"Of course it was."

"What about the second time."

"What second time?"

"When y'all met in the basement."I furrow my brows and then it all comes back to me.

________

Genevieve's POV

After our conversation, we walked out of the kitchen with a different kind of respect for each other. We're both grieving and our grief has made us vulnerable in different ways.

Several hours later, I stand in the house still frustrated. No matter how he felt he shouldn't have snapped at me. Especially not in front of everyone. I suck my teeth still annoyed by the way he spoke to me as I sip from my water against the sink. I keep coming back to this spot. I've got to move to calm myself.

I pick the nearest door and decide wherever it goes is my new place of rest. I open the door and make my way into the basement. I flick the lights at the bottom of the stairs and admire the room before kneeling on the bed.

All the little trinkets on the shelves seem to smile at me. I know shouldn't touch them so I decide to look over each one. After checking all their little details I just close my eyes and breathe. I can hear steps but I don't bother leaving the serene place I've found behind my eyes.

"You come down here to think too?" I know who this is but I won't acknowledge them. Not right now. The smile in his voice fades as he tries to fill the silence.

"I like all the stuff they added to this room. Feels like someone could actually have lived here." The silence is killing him but I don't feel the need to speak. "I'm sorry for my actions earlier."

Hm. He's come to apologize.

"I shouldn't have come at you like that. I was wrong." I relax my shoulders and take a deep breath still not wanting to speak.

"Genevieve, please. Say you forgive me." His hand touches my left shoulder and sends a pulse through my body. I open my eyes and look at him. He takes a seat in front of me and looks back at me, his eyes glowing a soft green. I reach out to him, my hand gently strokes his face. His body leans into my hand bringing us closer. His beard gently scratches my hand as I run my fingers along his jaw. My eyes close and I feel myself lean. His arm pulls me in and our lips touch. His lips caress mine as he adjusts his seating. My arms wrap around his neck as he faces me. His hands grip my hips and I begin to melt. I allow myself to lean back until my head rests on the pillow. His hands plant themselves beside me as he leans with me. I place my feet on the bed and allow him to lay between my knees. My left hand swirling a lock if his hair around a single finger. He smiles against my lips before kissing me one last time.

"I-I forgive you... but this can never happen again." He sits up sitting on his heels like I was only moments before.

"Why? We could have something great."

"I don't date industry guys anymore. Besides, we barely know each other."

"Anymore?"

"Tyson. I dated Tyson." I pause for a moment realizing I've never told anyone on set. I told the girls but I never told them who. "We hit it off when I moved here and rushed into a relationship. Things were fine at first but then I found out where his money goes. I couldn't do it after that. By then I had already signed onto the movie. So I just agreed to work with him."

"Why'd you do that?"

"I want to be where he is, dancing and choreographing for celebrities, working in movie sets, maybe even being in a few. I thought the experience would be worth it."

"I could give you all of that. I could help you."

"I know but, he said he could too."

"At least get to know me."

"What?"

"We can just hang at my place or yours and talk. I-I don't know get ice cream or something." I chuckle at his awkwardness.

"I'd be okay with that. My place first since you've already hosted me in yours."

"Deal."

________

Prince's POV

There's no way he saw us. I would've heard him come down the stairs.

"I went to apologize. I could tell I made her mad."

"That's all?"

"That's all I went to do. Then we talked about it a little and came upstairs."

"So why we're you at her place?"

"He was in my apartment because I invited him over." We all look to the door as she walks in. "Can't two people want to talk to each other away from their nosey colleagues?" She walks over and take the seat beside me. "Also I could never pick between the three of you."

"So you do like me?" Miko says nodding with a smile. I watch as she stands and approaches him. With her foot she nudges his legs apart before sitting in his lap. He holds her like precious cargo as he gazes at her practically swooning.

"Aww," she lulls, caressing his cheek. She kisses it softly and his eyes close as if to savor the moment. "You're so sweet." She stands again and makes her way to the door. All the girls chuckle as she heads out. Miko's body hasn't moved his arms still holding her essence but his face is one of longing.

"Y'all might want to get out here. Morris and Jerome are almost finished."