Eye've Got an Itch 2 Scratch

Genevieve's POV

After a long day of rehearsals, I decide to head home. A month and a half in and everything is starting to come together. Driving home, I stop at the store to pick up a few things. Just the necessities, body wash, toothpaste and hand soap. Some of my usual products are out of stock so I try to pick the next best thing.

Back at home, I shower as normal. First I wash then, I exfoliate and shave and wash again. I take my time enjoying the lather of the new body wash when I notice something. I smell my hands and my skin and get a bad feeling. This body wash smells familiar in a bad way and then it clicks. Pineapple. The water begins to burn my skin and I hastily get out of the shower. I examine my body in the mirror and see a series of welts and hives forming all over my body. My skin aches and swells and I struggle to walk with all the discomfort. I do the only thing I can think of doing and call him. The phone rings three times before anyone answers. I hear his voice as he greets me but I don't have time for hellos.

"I need you to get to my apartment as fast as you can."

"Why what's wrong?"

"I think this body wash I jus bought has pineapple in it. My skin hurts I need to go to the hospital but I can't drive like this."

"I'll be there as soon as I can I'm leaving now." The phone hangs up in my ear and I put it down. Alright Gen. We have to move so we can unlock the door. I brace myself and stand up groaning in pain. I take a step a feel a sting where my thighs touch. I spread my legs and arms as far as I can still standing upright and make my way to the sore. I twist the lock and lay on my couch. The cold leather feels good and my sore back and legs. I pull the throw blanket over my naked body and try to I focus on taking deep breaths. Prince is coming. He'll fix it. I try to reassure myself but the pain is too great and worst of all I'm starting to itch. I rock back and forth trying to pacify myself but to no avail. I clasp my hands together in an effort not to scratch and that's when the door swings open.

Prince's POV
My eyes only search the apartment for a moment until i spot her on the couch. Tears stream down her face as soon as she sees me. She's covered herself with a blanket but the skin I can see is red, swollen, and covered in bumps. Some of the bumps have cluttered together on her arms and legs creating mountainous welts on her skin. My heart aches seeing her in pain.

"Make it stop!" She screams less at me and more at the world.

"Mama, we gotta get you in the car but you can't go to the hospital with no clothes on."

"Go in my closet and find the lightest, loosest dress you can find." I run into her room and begin searching her closet. Most of her clothes are tight and stretchy. I groan in frustration until I see the caftan she wears on the beach. I walk back out with it and hold it up. "I don't care just put it on me so we can leave!" She sits up carefully holding the blanket letting out pain-filled cries. Carefully, I put it over her head and she slips her arms through and pulls it down over her body.

"Can you walk?" She shakes her head tears streaming down her face. Carefully, I lift her in my arms. Her face shrivels as she hold back her screams. I grab her keys and walk her out to the car. Once she's settled I go back and lock her door before driving her to the hospital. I park haphazardly, carry her into the building, and walk up to the front desk.

"She's having an allergic reaction. Please she needs to be seen." The receptionist takes her name and a stretcher comes out almost immediately to take her away.

"Are you family?" A nurse asks approaching me.

"I'm her boyfriend. What're they going to do to her?"

"Honestly, we've never seen an allergic reaction that bad before. We're gonna start with an IV, get her some antihistamines, and see what else the doctor can do but I need you to give me all the information you have."

"Do you know what caused the reaction?"

"Some new body wash she bought."

"Do you know what was in it?"

"No but she's extremely allergic to pineapples. That's what she thinks is in it."

"Any other known allergies?"

"Not that I can think of." The nurse scribbles everything on her notepad and finally looks up at me.

"Follow me back." We walk briskly through the hospital and I find her looking confused in the hospital bed, her arms wrapped in bandages.

"What did you do to her?!"

"She had a panic attack and couldn't stop scratching her arms. We had to restrain her to get her to this state. She's lightly sedated right now. The nurse went to get the medicine for her IV."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Dr. Martin. I'm going to be treating her today. You're welcome to stay with her while we treat her. Like I said she is lightly sedated. She might be a little loopy for a while but by the time it wears off she should feel a lot better. I'll check in in a little while." The doctor walks out and I decide to get comfortable. I have a seat beside her and just keep her silent company. She's focused on the tv right now but I doubt she's actually watching it. A nurse walks in carrying a small basket full of supplies. She sits on the rolling stool and scoots up to the bed.

"Alright Miss Genevieve. I'm gonna put this IV in you, okay?" Her face scrunches up at the mention of the IV.

"I don't want it." She whines.

"But it'll make you feel better. It's gonna make the itching go away."  She assures her. Genevieve looks at me and holds out her hand. I take it letting my thumb run over her knuckles. "Why don't you talk to your boyfriend for a while? It's been a while since you've seen him?" Genevieve makes a confused face a looks at me a moment.

"I have a boyfriend?" She slurs, her words jumbled.

"Yea, mama. I asked you to be my girlfriend a couple months ago, remember?" The memory comes back to her and she forms the biggest smile.

"That was so nice." She sighs closing her eyes. "Awww, I have a boyfriend." She seems satisfied with herself and in this short amount of time the nurse was able to start the IV. She slips out of the room without Genevieve noticing and I keep talking to her.

"How do you feel?"

"Cold."

"Do you want more blankets?" She shakes her head.

"Come here." I move my chair directly beside the bed. She scoots closer to me and let's my put my arm around her. "Mmm you smell good."

"Thank you, mama."

"Mama? Do we have kids?" I laugh a little.

"No, that's just something I call you sometimes."

"I want kids."

"How many?"

"3."

"I think we could have more than 3."

"Don't be greedy." She laughs poking me. "Will you take me home later? I'm sleepy."

"Of course but you could get some sleep right now."

"Will you be here when I get up?"

"Always."