Long Way Home

Prince's POV

Show after show goes by and the world wants to know who she is. The paparazzi tries to stop her every chance they get. Asking her who she is, where she's from, and if she's single. I do my best to keep her from the crowds as we walk through the airport. Her first tour was short but it proved to be a lot of work for her and this was just draining her more.

Once on the plane, we sit beside each other, an arrangement I was able to make ahead of time. She slouches in the seat. Her weariness is apparent on her face as her eyes shut and her slender fingers find her temples.

"I don't see how you can do this every time you leave the house."

"After a while, you just tune them out. It'll get easier. I hope they didn't completely ruin your experience."

"I had a great time. It feels good to finally have my dreams come true. I just wish I wasn't too tired to enjoy it."

"It gets easier. I promise. We don't start shooting again for a couple days, why don't you go to the spa or something?"

"All I want is to sleep for the next three days." I chuckle as she leans her head on my shoulder before closing her eyes.

"Make sure you eat something in those three days."

"I will but right now I need to sleep. When they pass out snack get me a water and before you ask you can have my pretzels."' I watch her arms cross under her blanket as she forces herself to sleep. I smile softly feeling the warmth from her cheek on my shoulder.

Genevieve's POV

"Prince who is she? Is she your girlfriend?"

"Are you his newest protégé?"

"How much did you pay to look like that?"

"Is your family in the country legally?"

"What's your name sweetheart?"

The lights of their cameras flash bright in this pitch black room. I squeeze Prince's arm as they swarm me asking their questions.

"Is this your real hair?" A reporter asks grabbing my ponytail and pulling me to the ground. I reach out for Prince but they've separated us. Looking up all I see are blurred faces and their imposing cameras. The circle closes in. Their voices boom around me as their cameras flash filling the darkness with an unpleasant light until all I can see is white.

A tap on my shoulder forces my eyes open.

"Genny? Genny wake up. It's time to go." I fight to catch my breath as I take in my surroundings. He hands me my water and I take a quick sip before hurrying off the plane.

I feel disoriented as I stumble through the airport. I lag behind the band hoping I won't get swarmed as people with cameras appear. Standing at baggage claim I look for my luggage. I keep my body turned and my head down hoping no one will see me while I plan to make the run to my car. I pick up my bags adjusting my grip a few times before turning around. I walk carefully trying to blend in with the crowd.

"Hey, there she is!" Someone calls out. I walk faster not nervously but with more urgency just in case they aren't looking for me.

"Hey, miss!" Someone else yells. A symphony of footsteps fills my ears and I decide to peek back. Several lights flash as soon as my head turns. I quickly face forward and begin sprinting through the airport. In my effort to evade the initial swarm of paparazzi I lost Prince and the others. I look at the signs overhead as the pass and follow the route to the garage. Im sure I'll find someone there. As I round the corner and find the exit I see a familiar face driving a black SUV.

"Ronnie!" I scream with the little bit of breath I have left. The van backs up aligning with my path. I beg him to open the door and watch as it swings open. I toss my bags in and jump into the backseat closing the door as quickly as I can. Ronnie pulls away and I watch as they take pictures of us driving away.

"You're a life saver, Ronnie."

"I take it the tour was successful?"

"It was but I didn't know they'd be interested in me not like this anyway."

"Don't worry we won't let anything happen to you."

"We?"

"Who do you think opened the door?" I look beside me and see Prince hiding behind my luggage.

"Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I did not see you there." He smiles pushing my bags to the floor.

"It's alright. I was trying not to be seen."

"They really don't bother you anymore?"

"They ask me the same questions every time. It gets old pretty quick. I just don't listen to them." I sigh and lay down in the seat resting my head in his lap.

"I wish they'd just go away."

"I wish I could tell you they do but they don't." He runs his fingers through my straight ponytail as he speaks. "Running as fast as you do I don't think you'll have a problem." They both chuckle and I roll my eyes. "You ran track right?"

"Yea. It was awful."

"Why?"

"If I wasn't at a meet I was at a basketball game. If I wasn't at either of those I was in dance. If I wasn't at dance I was practicing my instruments and if I wasn't doing any of it I was watching my siblings."

"You we're a busy kid. I didn't know you played basketball. Were you any good?"

"Only girl to ever make varsity."

"I don't believe you."

"It's the truth. I even helped coach my brothers team before I moved away."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"You got a court at Paisley?"

"Yea." He shrugs.

"Fine, let's play some 1 on 1." I sit up and look into his eyes. He smirks when he realizes I'm serious.

"Tomorrow at noon."

"What's the wager?"

"If I win you stay at Paisley and cook for me for a week."

"If I win you stay with me and become my assistant for a week." I hold out my hand ready to shake o it.

"You're on." He chuckles putting his hand in mine. Before we can finish our handshake the car stops and the air goes cold. Prince's face looks concerned but I'm not sure why. I follow his eyes to my front door, swinging wide open.

My first instinct is to go inside. I open the car door and begin to run inside when a set of arms wraps around my waist.

"Genevieve, wait. Let Ronnie check it out first." Ronnie strides passed us unfazed and heads into the apartment.

"But what about..."

"We can wait in the car until he tells us it's safe."