New York New York

Genevieve's POV

The photoshoot went well and we had a great weekend enjoying the warmth of California before going back home. That peace was short lived as we prepared for New York. The winter winds have blended with the fall temperatures leaving the atmosphere feeling colder. We packed warm clothes and coats and took special care not to let them wrinkle out interview outfits. This all paid off when we arrived to the hotel and experienced a wind storm as we headed in. Ronnie grabs our keys and we follow him through the back of the hotel doing our best to stay out of the busy lobby.

"Here you go, boss." He says handing Prince the key.

"Thanks, Ronnie."

"Am I free to go?"

"Yea, man. Tell Lottie I say hello."

"I will." Prince open the door as Ronnie disappears down the hall. He's quick to take a seat on the nearest bed even though our flight wasn't very long.

"Who's Lottie?" I asks sitting beside him.

"That's Ronnie's wife. She's out here on some type of work conference and he wanted to surprise her."

"That's so sweet."

"Speaking of surprises..." he starts as he looks through the suitcase. "You've got some explaining to do." He pulls out a large envelope and puts it between us on the bed.

"What is this?"

"You tell me." I open the envelope and pull out its contents only to discover the pictures I took in LA all those months ago.

"I was wondering when you'd ask about these."

"I was with you the entire trip. When did you have time to take these?"

"Remember when I told you Madonna begged me to go shopping?"

"Yea and you came back late as hell with a suitcase worth of new clothes."

"We may have stopped by the beach for a photoshoot too."

"So it was her idea to go to the beach and take half naked pictures?"

"I'm not half naked! I have clothes on." I chuckle holding up one of the pictures. It's of me standing, my toes firmly in the sand as the moon illuminates my bikini clad silhouette.

"Why did you go take this pictures?"

"For you." I smile softly.

"For me? Why for me?"

"You said you wanted them. I thought it would be a nice surprise." He looks at me, his face wrapped in confusion. "Do you not like them?"

"N-no, they're great. You look amazing. You always look amazing. I just don't know why you did it."

"If I am being honest, sometimes I feel bad about us not having sex."

"You don't have to..."

"Let me finish. I know sex was an important part of your life before and my vows have put a stop to that. I just wanted you to have something."

"Genevieve, baby." He sighs softly, reaching out to hold my face. "I won't lie and say it's easy being abstinent, but I think we're better off this way. I don't think our relationship would be the same."

"You don't?"

"I mean, you saw who I was when we met. A new girl every night, I didn't always remember their names and it didn't really matter. You would've just been another pretty face."

"But what's so special about me that I'm not?" I look up at him for a moment and the green in his eyes keeps me from looking away.

"Everything. You're not just a pretty face and even if you were you definitely weren't going to put up with my bullshit." He chuckles softly pushing my hair out of my face.

"That's true." I chuckle back resting my face in his hand.

"Never feel like you're keeping anything from me. You made your vows to protect you not to hurt me. I knew what I signed up for when I asked you to be my girlfriend. You don't have to ever feel bad about it."

"So you don't want the pictures?"

"Yea. No, I'm definitely keeping these. You look too good to just toss these out."

"Prince?"

"Yes, mama?"

"What time do we need to be at Letterman?"

"That won't be until later on tonight. Why?"

"I want to go see my family."

"Okay, you want money for a taxi?"

"I want you to come with me." He looks up at me concern fixing the space between his eyebrows.

"Doesn't your mom like hate me?"

"She doesn't hate you she just wishes you were a doctor or lawyer in upstate New York."

"I just... are you sure?"

"Jack Jack and the boys will be happy to meet you and I'm sure Baba will be too. Plus, we can get a home cooked meal."

"Call first and see what they say. I don't want to show up unwelcome and unannounced."