Do My Eyes Decieve Me

Prince's POV

I dress quickly and walk into the hallway where I see her peering into a room down the hall.

"What the fuck is all this?" She yells as soon as she sees me. I walk up to her, look into the room and smile. It Genevieve's room, her new one at least. I had it renovated to include the bathroom and extend into the other room. I thought she might like the extra space to lay out on floor or dance if she was already in her room and didn't want to walk all the way to her studio. I thought it would be a hard renovation but, they just took down one wall and added another.

"It's a bed room. I've got a lot of those, remember?"

"Does she live here?" Mayte asks crossing her arms.

"No but she's here enough. Thought she would want a room of her own."

"Is this all her stuff?" Mayte scoffs walking looking at the various art, clothing, and jewelry around the room. "Her taste is so tacky."

"She only really keeps dance clothes here. Most of her clothes are still at her place."

"Even her dance clothes are tacky, what a shame. You remember all the little outfits I used to wear on stage with you?" She smirks walking up to me, placing her hands on my chest.

"Mayte, why are you here? You aren't my wife and you aren't in the band. I don't even know how you keep getting in here!" I push her away and put some distance between us.

"I didn't give up all of my keys just the one to front door." She smirks walking into the closet.

"Would you look at this?" She says pulling things out of the closet. One by one different pieces of fabric fly across the room. "These don't look like costumes at all! I wonder where she's going in a dress like this." Mayte holds up the blue dress Genevieve made before tossing it too.

"Mayte, why are you here?"

"Because I miss you, baby and you stopped answering my phone calls." She wraps her arms around me the way she used to when we first started dating. Before the lies and the treachery and the cheating and the babies, I did love her. I loved more than I thought anyone should love a person. She would hold me like this when I was close to my deadlines and my head was so full of music, I couldn't think anymore or after long calls with the record company when I was so angry I wanted to rip my head off.

I close my eye sfor a moment and feel the piece I felt in those moments again. It all ends when her lips touch mine. My eyes open wide and I try to push her away but she's holding my arms together. Moving backwards she pushes me into the wall further enforcing my inability to move.

"Oh so dis is what ya meant?" I don't even have to move to know who that is. Mayte smirks releasing me and stands tall in front of Genevieve.

"You can take your things back to your little shack. He's done with you."

"I'll believe dat wen him gives yuh an otha wedding ring." Genevieve walks up to her with charcoal irises and punches her square in the eye. I watch as Mayte rocks around on her feet like bowling pin that may or may not fall. Without hesitation or much effort Genevieve grips Mayte's hair and begins to pull her through the house.

I follow them, the screams filling the hallway. Genevieve intentionally takes the stairs and makes sharp turns around corners  forcing Mayte to get knocked around. She drags her down the steps before pausing and leading her down a hallway. When she finds a security guard. Genevieve throws Mayte on the ground.

"tek har tuh har car. Eff mi eva si har here again that's yuh ass." Mayte too beat up to protest stumbles away with the security guard. "Shi yuh girlfriend now or am mi losing mi mind?" Genevieve yells turning to face me.