Beach Party with the Band

Genevieve's POV

Back from the salon, I feel like a person again. My nails are the same dark cherry red as the lipstick I'm going to wear tomorrow. Sitting on my bed, I enjoy the air conditioning. The salon was further than it seemed with the long Los Angeles streets. Everyone seems to have already headed to the beach. So, I start packing my beach bag. Sunscreen, lotion, hair ties, and magazines all make it into the bag. I look around the room trying to decide if I'm missing anything. I decide to grab a notebook and some pens before changing into my bathing suit. I throw a pair of jeans shorts and a striped crop top over my bathing suit. Looking in the mirror I smiles at my body. The shorts accentuate my waist and the top is really cute with all the colors. I can hear footsteps outside my door and decide to take peek. I smile seeing Prince in the hallway and open the door. He turns and gives me an unamused look.

"You weren't gonna tell me you were back?"

"I thought you went to the beach with everybody else." I shrug.

"Nah, I told them to go without me. I wanted to sit for you."

"Well, thank you for waiting."He looks over my body and a smirk forms on his face. Walking into the room, he wraps his arms around me kicking the door closed behind him. He gives me that look. That mischievous look that tells me he wants me. Biting his lip he holds me still leading me deeper into the room.

"You look good, mama."

"It's just shorts and a shirt."

"I wasn't talking about those clothes." He smirks leaning in to kiss me. I kiss him back, my hands finding their natural place on his shoulders. He grips my ass and smirks against my lips. With no effort he lifts me into the air, my legs wrap around his waist and before I know it we're facing the other way and he's sitting on the bed. I chuckle enjoying the short ride I just went on. Comfortable in his lap, I pull away to look at him. He smiles at me as his hands touch my exposed back. "That walk has your skin looking so good, mama. Can't wait to see you on the beach glistening in the sun."

"I could say the same thing about you."

"Oh yea?" He smirks.

"Your summer shade is coming in nicely. This time last year we were on set and you had a terrible sunburn."

"Don't remind me." He kisses my hand and bites his lip. "You just get so chocolatey in the summer. I remember when you came on set after going home to go sailing with your family for Labor Day. I couldn't stop staring at you."

"Most people look better after a day in the sun but you look amazing."

"Is that right?"

"You're caramelizing beautifully."

"Am I piece of candy now?"

"If I'm chocolate you should be something too. Caramel might be a little dark for you though."

"So what am I, mama?"

"Peanut butter," I smile, "chocolate's perfect compliment." I kiss him sweetly.

"I'm glad you think we go well together. I think we do too."

"My peanut butter love." I chuckle looking into his hazel eyes.

"My beautiful chocolate drop." He kisses my lips and I can't help but savor the moment. "Come on. They waiting for us down at the pier."

Holding hands we make our way to the pier. Music fills the air as we approach the pier and I feel myself getting excited. We stand still for a moment scanning the crowd looking for our friends.