Rest, Relax, Reveal.

Prince's POV

Last night was relaxing. We got Chinese food, watched Footloose and danced around the room. We laughed and talked a long while after that and it wore her out. It's nearly eight in the morning. Genevieve's asleep, still resting beside me. Normally, she'd be up by now but considering we were up until three I'm not surprised that's she's still sleeping or trying to anyway. I've been awake for about an hour. She started tossing and turning and I was worried about her so I've just been watching her. She seems uncomfortable. Every few minutes she turns a new way. She's been touching her neck and back a lot. I can see the pain in her face even now. With closed eyes, she lifts her upper body. Her chest raises off the bed as she props herself up on her elbows. She wiggles a little trying to alleviate some pressure. Her back pops in several places and she winces laying back down. Her eyes open slowly and she just looks down at her pillow.

"Sore this morning, mama?"

"I feel like my body is broken." She looks over at me the Paine vide the in her eyes.

"What hurts?"

"Everything under my chin."

"That bad, huh?"

"I'm going to take a bath and hope this goes away." She inches out of bed and walks into the bathroom. Her shoulders hunch while her feet drag across the carpet. I've only seen her like this once before. She had danced for four hours straight then sat at her sewing machine for a few more. By the time she stood up her back and legs were locked in place. She took three baths that day but I have a better idea. I grab the phone off the nightstand and call downstairs.

"Hello, concierge desk. How can I help you today?"

"I'd like to make a couples massage appointment."

"Alright. There plenty of wonderful spas nearby that offer couple massages. Were you looking at any specific types of massages?"

"Deep tissue for both."

"Any other services I can book with this?"

"Thirty minutes in the sauna could be nice."

"Perfect and what time would you like your appointment to be? Earliest I can do is 1:30."

"1:30 is fine."

"Name for the service?"

"Genevieve Bonsu"

"Alright. You have a couples massage appointment at Oasis Spa just down the street at 1:30 for Genevieve Bonsu. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

"That's all. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Goodbye." I hang up the phone and check the clock. We've got to be out of here in 5 hours. I'll probably order us breakfast, we can relax until it's time for the appointment, and afterwards she'll probably want lunch. I walk over to the bathroom door and knock gently.

"Come in." I walk in and have a seat on the bathroom counter. She's already in the bath, everything but her head is under water. I smile seeing the bubbles surrounding her body and smelling the peppermint and lavender in the water.
"Brought that from home?"

"I never leave without it." Genevieve has a very serious beauty regimen. She only uses certain products for her hair, face, and skin. She takes pride in her looks not as a product of vanity but because she sees herself as a reflection of her family and her country. She mixes all the scents herself with special oils and herbs. She thinks most products smell too artificial and the smell never lasts that long. Her scents do last longer and different ones mean different things. Peppermint and lavender is for relaxation and stress relief. I hope it brings her comfort.