What U Deserve

Prince's POV

It's been a two weeks since she left and coming to set is getting harder everyday. Everyone agrees she was a great addition to the team and even though she never got to perform for us she was always the light in the room. We're close to being finished with all the performances. All that's left is Sex Shooter, Purple Rain, and Jungle Love. After these songs we'll shoot all the talking scenes that happen in the club then we move on to the house and lake scenes. Luckily these next few scenes are about me and Morris so I won't have to talk to Mayte until I get home.

I sit down for hair and makeup after putting on my costume. The other guys are sitting beside me in a row getting the same treatment.

"This shit is crazy man." Jerome sighs between brush strokes.

"I know. Can't believe she quit." I sigh.

"We just lost the finest piece of ass on set! It's a crying shame." I suck my teeth at Morris's comment. "Don't act like you ain't see it, cousin."

"It's hard not to but, she was more than some ass."

"I thought she was his secretary all this time. I didn't know she was a dancer." Jerome adds. "Y'all ever see her dance?" I look in the mirror at everyone shaking their heads then, I remember the day I did.
____
It was lunch time and everyone left to go eat at some restaurant down the street. Mayte and I were fighting so I opted to stay and go over music. Guitar in hand I played song after song. Working through everything I could think of. She sat watching me at the first table before she seemed restless. She started dancing in her seat. Before I knew it, she kicked her legs up and over the table and was standing beside it. She made her way to the stage dancing around me as I played. It didn't matter what the song was. She just kept dancing. Like Mayte used to. When we were first married she'd dance to anything I played. Now, it's like I'm asking her to do the impossible.

High kicks, flips, dips. Genevieve did it all as I sang and played guitar. Once I had gone over all the songs I wanted she stopped for a moment. Her foot still tapping.

"Did you really write all the songs for this movie?" I smirk playing the guitar gently as we spoke.

"Yea, most of them."

"Instruments and all?"

"Well, some other people had a say in that with me but yea. The album is mostly me."

"Can you play Sex Shooter?"I smirk again.

"I can play anything."

"Then let's hear it."

"You gonna show me Tyson's dance for Sex Shooter?" I ask as I begin to play a simpler version of the song.

"I can but it won't be much fun." She smiles as she takes center stage beginning the dance. She hits several poses and does Mayte's entire belly dance routine to the song. I vaguely remember seeing Mayte practice this dance in the house but it didn't look like this. Genevieve's hips seemed to hit different beats. Her body moved and swayed with different levels of fluidity depending on the words. The song comes to an end and she takes a seat on the edge of the stage. Her body hunches over as if she's carrying a great weight.

"You alright? I thought you did great."

"It's not that. It's just... That's the first time I've danced since we started filming."

"What do you mean?"

"Tyson took me on as dancer and choreographer. I'm supposed to be doing demonstrations and helping him teach dances. All I've done for the past two months is get coffee and bring him his duffel bag. All he does is discredit me and ignore my ideas and make me run his errands." I took a seat beside her. Hoping I could cheer her up.