We Will See

Genevieve's POV

We stayed in bed for the rest of the day. He ordered us lunch and we've just been talking and enjoying being close to each other since then. He made a few calls to let people know he was staying, cancel his flight, and set things up for later, but other than that we've had a bit of a lazy Sunday. Between conversations I find myself remembering the day I left and how confused I felt when I finally snapped out of my trance. The second time wasn't so easy and I didn't have anyone help me escape. It was right here in the hotel room.

The day was long and I was tired after a six hour rehearsal. They weren't focused and neither was I. We all made mistakes that day. I missed steps while teaching, they weren't retaining the choreography, I even fell a few a times. When I finally got back to the hotel my body was weak from all the movement and I had a strange headache. Words of discouragement and doubt swarmed like angry bees in my mind. The buzzing so deafening I barely heard anything happening around me as I made it to my room. As soon as the door closed behind me, I fell to my knees. At first I thought it was just weak muscles but, then I forgot how to breathe. I began to hyperventilate as I crawled across the floor trying to get to the bed to lay down. I never even made it to the bed. I remember reaching for it and slumping over. A few minutes later, I opened my eyes. I had fainted. I laid there a long while, grounding and centering myself. Eventually, I climbed into bed and stayed there the rest of the day, sipping water until I had the strength to go eat.

"Genny? Babe, you ready to go?"
I blink a few times as I come back to reality. I smile softly when my boyfriend's face comes into focus.

"Yes. I'm ready." He holds my hand as we make our way outside to his car. He opens my door with a smile. I get into the car and watch him as he close my door and jogs over to the driver's side. He grins wide, pulling out of the parking lot. "You must really like driving."

"I think it's relaxing and sometimes it's a lot of fun. You don't like driving?"

"Not really. I walked everywhere before I moved to America and in New York I always take the subway."

"Why'd you get your license then?"

"Well I originally thought I'd be moving out here. Nothing in California is close to each other."

"You wanted to live in LA?"

"Yea, I thought I'd have more dance opportunities out here."

Prince's POV

"What changed?"

"We'll I was 17 when I made that plan. My mother wasn't too thrilled about the idea of me leaving the East Coast especially to be on the complete opposite side of the country. So, I never left."

"I wanted to move out here too but Minnesota feels too much like home."

"I like Minnesota too."

"Would you still like to live out here?"

"I don't think so. It's fun to visit and a great place to work but the only reason I wanted to move out here was because I missed living by the water."

"You could do that here. You could get a beach house."

"American beaches just don't compare. Besides I'm happy in Minnesota...with you." I smile a little still focused on the road. She leans over and kisses me in my cheek. My face feels hot afterwards.

"I-uh... I'm glad you feel at home in Minnesota."

"I have you to thank for that."

"Really?"

"Yea, you gave me friends and work and a social life. Before we started hanging out, I spent all my time alone in my apartment."

"Really? You didn't even go out with Apollonia?"

"I tried but she can't hold her alcohol. I always ended up babysitting." We laugh. She right. She's almost as bad as Lisa. Three drinks in and she's ready to drop. "That night you had that party was the first time I went out and just had fun."

"That was a great night. You looked so good that night too." She chuckles.

"I still can't believe none of you recognized me."

"We had never seen you in anything other than dance clothes. Plus you had your hair down." I'll never forget the way she looked that night. I'll never forget how good she smelled and how warm her smile was behind that speaker. I'll never forget how she danced with us... with me. Our conversation trails off as I pull into the parking lot. "Wait here. I'm gonna go grab a few things." I walk up to the Warner Brothers building and make my way to my usual studio.

"What're you doing here?" Cavallo asks walking into the room just as I turn the lights on.

"I'm grabbing my guitars. I'm working on something."

"What're your doing in LA?"

"I'm on a bit of a vacation." He laughs heartily, coming around the corner to face me.

"You and I both know you don't take vacations. So why are you really here?" I give him a side eye and walk to the other end of the room. I grab both of my guitars off the shelf and check their cases to make sure they're in good condition before closing them back. "Let me guess, that girl is here? I heard about what happened at the premier."

"Yea she is and I'm visiting her."

"Hard to believe you two have time for vacations when you're supposed to be perfecting a tour."

"She's not on vacation. I am.

"What's she up to?"

"You should know. Your name is in her contract." I smirk taking both cases in my hands and turning to face the door.

"Who's she working with?"

"Here? Madonna."

"She found other work out here?" He asks with raised eyebrows.

"Her phones been ringing non stop since the movie."

"Is that so?" He scoffs. "Then I look forward to seeing what she's got."