Safe Distance

Genevieve's POV

Still in my robe, I wait for Ronnie in the garage. He appears from inside the house and frowns when he spots my luggage.

"Leaving so soon?"

"I think some distance would be beneficial."

"Need to talk about it?" He asks helping me up from the crate I was sitting on. I shake my head and head to the car. He tosses my luggage in the back seat and we begin the silent ride. I mutter a thank you before getting out of the car. I grab my bags and put them in my trunk.

"Here take this." Ronnie says jogging over to me. "It's my business card. If you need me don't hesitate to call, okay?" I nod and look away unable to face him. I take the card tucking it into my pocket then, I hop in my car a drive away. I'm not sure where I'm going yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Prince's POV

Alone in the house with Jewel I pretend to have normal conversation.

"Did you actually want to work on something today? We've got half a track and you've been coming here for a month."

"Don't tell me your tired of me already! I thought we had an understanding." She walks over to me, sitting in my lap. "I know I'm not the best singer but that's not why we started booking these sessions."

"I don't know if I can do this today."

"W-why not?"

"I'm just not in the mood. I got a lot of shit going on right now." She climbs out of my chair and walks away without another word.

Of all days why'd she have to come today?

It used to never bother me. Spending time with one girl and leaving to spend time with another, it use to be easy. It used to be normal but every time I'm with Genevieve she's the only girl that matters. I leave the studio and walk back to my bedroom. On my way there I see Genevieve's door wide open. Peeking inside, I notice it's empty. Her hair products aren't on the vanity and there are no clothes in the closet. I can't believe it. She really left.

I head to my room, kicking my shoes off as soon as I enter. Grabbing a seat on the bed, I pick up the phone and quickly dial the number I always dial when I need advice

"Hey, man. What's up?"

"I fucked up man. For real this time."

"What happened? Nobody's pregnant or anything like that right?"

"Nah, it's Genevieve."

"What happened, now?"

"We...uh..."

"You had sex with her didn't you?" He asks interrupting me.

"No but almost. I told you she was staying with me while the police looked at her place right?"

"Yea."

"Well this morning I found her asleep on the couch. She woke up sore and she went upstairs and fell asleep in my room. I didn't know that's where she fell asleep but a few hours later I go up there to change and she's sitting on the bed with one of my shirts on. I know how irritable she is when she wakes up so I tried to mess with her like I usually do but it backfired."

"Backfired how?"

"I got all in her face and she gave me this sexy look. So I asked her if I could kiss her. We kiss and then she gives me this other look. I've never seen anything like it especially not from her. Next thing I know we're laying on the bed. I'm kissing on her and she's about to tell me she wants me but Ronnie knocks and tells me Jewel is here."