Home Is Where the Heart Is: Part 2

Prince's POV

I drive over to the pier and watch as her eyes light up. I know being landlocked bothers her and any chance she has to see water she'll take it. Good Minnesota has plenty of lakes and I'd take her to see each one if she wanted to. I get out the car and she excitedly rushes over to me. She holds my hand as we walk down the stony hill and onto the pier. She release my hand and hands me her bag as she runs to the edge, spreading her arms wide and closing her eyes she takes in the sounds of the water and the beautiful evening sunshine.

"Thank you, Earth." She screams. After a few minutes of basking, she looks over her shoulder at me. With her dress blowing and hair blowing in the wind she stands there. The sun glowing the same shade of yellow as her dress. Her skin shines in the light. Her eyes are the same shade of gold. I walk up to her and wrap my hands around her waist. She pushes her hair to the side combing it with her fingers. Her hair is getting frizzy from the lake breeze and the humidity but I love it. She looks wild and free. We sway gently looking out at the shimmering water.

"This is exactly what I needed."

"Don't get too excited. This isn't the surprise."

"Then what is?" As if on cue the boat appears from across the lake. It pulls up to the pier and and docks. The captain offers her his hand as she climbs aboard. I join her shortly after. It's not a large boat but it's got plenty of space for the two of us. The deck has plenty of space to dance and lounge and there's a lower level with a bathroom if we need privacy. A small bolted down table sits in the center holding olive and cheese platters. Two buckets sit on either side holding champagne and a bowl of strawberries accompanies each. "This is amazing."

The boat pulls away and we head towards the center of the lake. Once we've stopped moving, I walk over to the table and pour two glasses of champagne dropping a strawberry in each glass. When, I turn around she's sitting on one of the seats on the edge of the boat. I smile sitting beside her, crossing my legs and handing her a glass.

"To our first date." I smile holding up my glass.

"And for all the ones yet to come." She smiles back. We touch our glasses together and take gentle sips. "Is this a typical first date for you?"

"I usually stop at dinner but I thought you deserved something a little more special."

"You're sweet."

"What's your ideal first date?"

"Silly little things."

"Like what?"

"Bowling, mini golf, roller skating."

"Can you skate?"

"No," she laughs. "But it's always so fun."

"I'll teach you. I can take you to the rink near my old high school."

"No, I'd be too embarrassed." She blushes.

"You can't be that bad."

"You would be surprised."

Her head turns to focus on something in the distance. I follow her gaze and see the sun beginning to set.

"I saw a lady out on the sea." She sings softly as she watches the light reflect off the water. "She smiles and sings this song to me. Join me hear in the Crystal bay. We can laugh and sing and swim all day." She looks down at her glass continuing to sing. "Visit me sailor man in the ocean blue. I'll offer you pearls and a love that is true. I'll give you a tail and matching gills too. Come be a mermaid and I'll always love you."  She smiles to herself before looking up and remembering where she is. "It's a lullaby. On the island, sundown meant bedtime. Baba would stand in front of the house and sing it to me. I'd run come running, singing the second verse. I always think of him during sunset." We sit in the silence of the moment, sipping our champagne. She places her empty glass in the table and stands up walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"To change. I'm ready for a swim." She walks on, making her way down the few steps. A few moments later she returns barefoot in a floral caftan. I take her place in the bathroom and quickly throw on my trunks. I return to my seat and chuckle looking at her completely covered.

"I hope you don't plan on swimming in that."

"I don't. I'm just a little nervous about this bathing suit."

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's three strips of fabric and some chains! I'm practically naked."

"It can't be that bad and even if it is I won't complain."

"Fine but don be alarmed." Slowly she lifts the caftan above her head revealing a white and gold bikini.

The white and gold make her skin seem richer

The white and gold make her skin seem richer. The chains on her hip only accentuate her curves. Her entire body is toned but her ass still moves when she walks. She stands in front of me and rests her hand on my chin before forcing my mouth shut.

"Are ya gonna swim or are ya gonna stare?"

"S-sorry. You just... damn." I would ask her to turn around but I might have a heart attack. I grab her hips and pull her into my lap. She settles nicely into a straddle and places her hands on my chest.

"If you keep looking at me like that we will never get into the water."

"Fine. Fine. Jump in." She stands up and makes her way to the edge of the boat. She sits on the bottom step and allows herself to slide off.    I walk down the stairs and sit in front of her. One foot first, I begin to enter the water, shuddering at the cold temperature. "Damn, this water is cold as shit."

"You'll be fine. Just get in!" She beams swimming in her back.

"How'd you adjust so fast?"

"I've been swimming in cold waters my whole life. You just have to embrace it." Hesitantly, I put both feet in the water. She immediately grabs me by my ankles and pulls me in. My head drops below the water and when I return to the surface I see her laughing her ass off.

"That was cold, Genny."

"But isn't it better this way?"

"No! I'm cold!"

"Come here. Let me help." She wraps her arms and legs around me and I instinctively hold her. Even in this frigid water the warmth of her presence can be felt. "Better?"

"Better." She releases me and swims away gaining a bit of distance between her and the boat. Floating on her back she looks up at the starry sky. I lean back and float beside her.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"It is and I'm so happy to be sharing it with you."