Tonight We're Gonna Party

Genevieve's POV

After everything that happened, we showered. Then, we laid there and talked about it. About his experience, about my hesitations, about the ways we wanted to explore each other together.  I slept peacefully, no longer carrying that weight and knowing I'll never have to carry it again.

I wake up first as always and am alarmed by how bright it is. I search the room for the green light of my alarm clock, my eyes still adjusting. It's 11:15. Shit, we're going to be late. I sit on my knees shaking him gently.

"Prince, wake up." He groans rolling over covering his head with the blankets. "I'm serious we gotta go."

"Can't we just say we went?"

"Prince, it's 11:15 everyone is going to be in your house in 45 minutes. We have to go now!"

"No rehearsal today. Go back to sleep."

"You cancelled rehearsal? We haven't rehearsed in two weeks and the last rehearsal was bad."

"Do you wanna argue or do you want an explanation?"

"An explanation." I sigh. He turns to face me but keeps his eyes closed.

"As much as I would like to work from now until then everyone can't do that. Andre told me they met everyday while I was gone and everything was fine. They've got the steps, they've got the sound, last rehearsal was just off.."

"When did you talk to Andre?"

"Last night while you were in the shower. Besides, I didn't feel like hearing his mouth about the fact that you look like that."

"Like what?" I ask shocked and a little hurt.

"You're covered in hickeys again and you practically have I orgasmed plastered on his forehead."

"I do not!"

"Mama, I don't want to argue. I will explain everything later but right now I just want to sleep. Please just lay back down." I sit think for a second. What does that even mean? Can I people really tell? I want to ask. I want to demand an answer but I know it won't solve anything. We didn't fall asleep until 6 in the morning.  I give in to my exhaustion and to him. He raises his arm holding the covers open and I crawl under laying back down. His arm wraps around my waist and I fall asleep instantly soothed by his presence.

________

I open my eyes in frustration as the phone rings. I don't want to answer but I know it'll never stop if I do. I pick up the phone beside my bed and pray it was an accident.

"Hello?" I yawn into the phone.

"Hey, G. It's Andre."

"Oh hey, Andre. What's up?"

"Are y'all still sleep? It's almost three!"

"He is. I'm not. What's up?"

"We're all going out tonight and y'all have to come."

"Why?"

"People are going crazy about the movie! They're releasing it on video!"

"We should all go get one and take pictures." I smile. I feel Prince moving behind me but pay him no mind. My talking probably just woke him up.

"It's getting released while we're on tour. So whatever city we're in we'll have to go to the nearest video store." I feel Prince's lips between my shoulder blades and I try not to react. He pulls me closer to him and I gasp feeling his hard member pressed against my ass. "You alright?"

"Y-yea, I almost d-dropped the phone." His hand travels between my legs and I shudder. You have to end this phone call. "Where are we going tonight?"