Christmas at Paisley Park

Genevieve's POV

After the show, I was too tired to drive back to Chanhassen, so I let Prince drive my car. We joked and laughed throughout the ride but the second my head hit the pillow I fell asleep. It's morning now, nearly 10 o'clock but Prince is still sleeping peacefully. I'd rather lay here in the silence of the morning than disturb his sleep. I've been laying like this for about an hour, just listening to his gentle breaths. He groans a little, stretching his back before squeezing me tight. I giggle as his hand tickles my side.

"Good morning." I smile, rolling over to face him. Without opening his eyes, he kisses me then rests his head on my chest. I adjust a little allowing my back to lean against the headboard.

"Good morning." He says back. His voice is so low in the morning but it's also quiet, rumbling like the tide as he finds his voice. "How was your first night in your new home?"

"I always sleep better when I'm next to you." I smile rubbing his back.

"Me too."

"You ready to tell me what we're doing today?"

"Straight to it, huh?" He smirks sitting up. "Alright, I figured we'd stay in today. I've got movies and snacks and thangs. I know you love the holidays and I know how important those traditions are to you and your family. So, I thought it would be nice to keep them, even though it's just the two of us."

"That's so sweet."

"Now, I do have a few surprises for you and some things I'd like to make traditions of our own."

"Like what?"

"Look in your closet. First, shelf on the right." I get up slowly, taking time to stretch as I make my way into my new closet. I locate the first shelf on the right and open it. I feel super excited pulling out the night gown covered in red and white decorations. I take off my shorts and baggy t-shirt and put on the night gown. It stops at my knees and conforms to my body without being tight. I look at myself in the mirror for a moment and smile when I see a matching figuring standing behind me. I turn to face Prince, now in a shirt and pants the same pattern as my night gown.

"Aww, merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas, mama."

"I have a surprise for you too." I rush out of our room and into my room down the hall. I dig through my drawers, grabbing the box as soon as it comes into view. When I return he's sitting on the bed waiting patiently.

"Aw, mama. You didn't have to get me anything."

"I know but I wanted to." Sitting beside him, I watch as he opens the box, slightly confused.

"It's that shirt I saw at the mall, but I thought they didn't have it in my size."

"They didn't. So, I bought it, asked your stylist for your measurements, and I tailored it myself."

"When did you have time to do that?"

"The other day when I went to run errands and get my car. I drove to Mall of America bought the shirt, spent the day tailoring it, and wrapped it up."

"You did all that so I could have a shirt?"

"It seemed like it would make you happy." I shrug. I feel a little bad, I expected him to be more excited. "I know it isn't a lot but I wanted you to have something you wanted."

"You took a cab from the hotel to here, drove the half hour to the mall and back, fixed the shirt, and drove the half hour back to the hotel?"

"Y-yea."