Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Prince's POV

When we walked in together, smiling, two days in a row, everyone knew everything was right with the world again. Andre shoots me a thumbs up when no one is looking and the girls have dropped their hostility.

It's lunch time now and we're all sitting and eating, talking across our various tables. It feels a lot like high school. The cheerleaders and the jocks. The girls are sitting around Genevieve asking her questions. The guys and I are talking too but, I can't stop looking at her.

"I'm glad y'all made up man. I couldn't take another day of you moping around."

"Now, I wouldn't say I was moping. I was just worried about her."

"Y'all kiss and make up?" Jerome asks raising his eyebrows.

"No, just regular made up." I smile.

"Just face it. She doesn't like you." Miko says grinning before taking a huge bite out of his sandwich.

"I don't think you want to play this game anymore, man." I laugh earning a chuckle from Andre who almost choked on his drink.

"You keep saying that but the bottom line is she ain't your woman."

"She don't have be mine for me to know she don't want you!" The table erupts into laughter.

"Shut up! Here she comes."

"Hello, gentlemen." She smiles resting her hands on Jerome and Miko's chairs.

"The ladies and I couldn't help but overhear your laughing. We wanted to know what was funny."

"They think I'll never win your heart and apparently that's hilarious."

"Is that so?" We all look around sheepishly trying to avoid her gaze. "Any guesses as to who will win my heart?" She smirks as we sit in awe. Andre looks at me and we both almost laugh. This is why we never sat next to each other in school. "No guesses? Well I'll give each of you a chance to impress me." Slowly she walks around the table dragging her hand across everyone's shoulders. "One of you, will be meeting me at my apartment for dinner. I expect you at my door wearing my favorite color. If you really want to prove yourself bring a bouquet with my favorite number of my favorite  flower. Oh and I'll be making us a wonderful meal. Bring my favorite ice cream for dessert if you'd like to stay a while afterwards. If you know what all of those favorite things are I'll see you at 7 and if you're wrong you'll leave empty handed." The bell rings signaling the end of lunch and the smirk on her face returns as she begins to walk away. "Dress to impress. Good luck, boys."

"Well the first one is easy." Andre shrugs.

"Are we really going to do this?" I ask feeling a little frustrated by his interest.

"Free meal is a free meal." Jerome shrugs.

"I'm out. I ain't gonna chase no woman! I don't care how fine she is." Morris exclaims before leaving the table.

"Whoever has all the answers is hers." Andre adds. "No more debating." I look over at him in shock.

"Deal. Cause it's gonna be me." I roll my eyes at Miko and nod my head.

"Alright I'm in too." The four of us shake on it and get up from the table. I follow after Andre unhappy with what we just agreed to.

"Man, why did you do that?"

"To mess with Miko. Everyone knows you're the only person who would know all those answers. She rigged the game."

"I don't think I do man. Imma be thinking about this shit all day."