Meet Me in the Middle

Prince's POV

A week has gone by and Genevieve's meeting is tomorrow. We flew in to LA yesterday. I've been doing press and hitting the studio since we got here. She's been sitting in the hotel. Every time I come back to the hotel room she's doing the same thing, sitting by the window thinking. I try to convince her to come out with me to enjoy the city but she won't. Not until the meeting.

"Will you at least come eat dinner with me? I know you're tired of room service." I have a seat beside her wrapping my arms around her.

"I didn't order anything today."

"You haven't eaten today?"

"How can I eat when the biggest meeting of my career so far is happening at 9am tomorrow?"

"Easy. Let's go." I stand up and grab her arm pulling her with me across the room. "Shoes. Now. Let's go." She begrudgingly slips into a pair of sandals and follows me out the door.

"What do you want to eat?" She asks softly still in her head.

"I'm not sure. Let's ask Ronnie." I knock on the door beside ours and it immediately opens.

"Yes, sir?"

"She hasn't eaten all day. Where should we go eat?" Ronnie was a security guard out here before he worked for me. He knows everything about this city and has never failed to give me great advice when I come out here.

"There's a taco truck down the street if you're walking."

"Tacos sound good to you?" I ask looking over at her.

"I don't care. I'm not hungry."

"Your stomach says otherwise. You coming Ronnie?"

"Yes, sir." He closes and locks his door and walks with us to the elevator. He leads us through the hotel and down the street. With crossed arms and a sour face she walks beside me her eyes growing dark. When we arrive at the taco truck we all look over the menu.

"Anything sound good to you, Genevieve?"

"The fish tacos."

"Great choice." Ronnie smiles. She tries to smile back but her face snaps back too quickly.

"I'm gonna go sit on that bench." She says pointing across a little ways down the street. Before I can ask why she leaves.

"Will you go watch her? I'll order for everybody." I ask Ronnie as our turn in line comes up. He nods and jogs after her.

Genevieve's POV

Sitting on the bench I look at my surroundings. Storefronts and palm trees and streets with wide sidewalks fill my eyes. It's a beautiful city I just wish I was here for a better reason.

"What's eating you?"

"They don't want me to dance to any of the new songs. They just want me to shake a tambourine and smile."

"That's what you're big meeting is about?" I nod.

"I just want to get my start and I think this could be it if they just gave me a chance."