Let Me Make It Up 2 U

Prince's POV

Standing on the stage, I strum away on my guitar practicing solo after solo. We're two weeks into rehearsals and I'm excited only problem is Wendy isn't going to be here. A family emergency has forced her to return to Los Angeles for a few days. She comes from a musical family and promised to get work done while she's gone.

The room slowly fills with people as rehearsal is about to start. I sit on the edge of the stage and wait for them to settle in. I check my watch and it's 12 o'clock on the dot. Time to start.

"Alright. Let's get started. We're gonna run the whole album today. No transitions, no old songs, just Purple Rain."

"What're you gonna do about Wendy being gone?" Lisa asks.

"We'll just have to pretend she's here and hope she can practice whiles she's gone."

"Why can't G do it?" Andre asks pointing at Genevieve who was sipping on water and is now practically choking.

"Me? Why me?" She says finally able to catch her breath.

"You play guitar. You can just fill in for her today right?"

"Wendy is our guitar player and I think we should wait until she gets back. Besides, I've got me own tings to practice." Andre shrugs and leaves it alone. We all agree to wait for Wendy and they file onto the stage. Genevieve walks past me and I grab her arm. She stops, walking closer to me.

"We're gonna talk about you and this guitar thing later." I say quietly.

"What is there to talk about?"

"Why haven't I seen you play an electric guitar?"

"Because I only own an acoustic guitar."

"How does he know you can play?"

"I told you we've talked about it before a long time ago. Now are you going to interrogate me or are we going to rehearse?"

"Rehearsal starts when I say it starts?"

"That may be true but this interrogation is over." She snatched her arm from me and walks across the stage. I shake it off and look over today's set list. I give them time to warm up and once everyone seems ready I begin.

"Starting with Let's Go Crazy we'll just work our way through the album. We'll run the song a couple of times and once it sounds good we'll add steps." I shoot Genevieve a look. She rolls her eyes and keeps stretching. "Fink, let me get that intro." The opening chords start and we work out the song. We stop for parts that aren't clean and play it until I like the way it sounds. Once it's clean enough to move on Genevieve takes center stage. I hand her my microphone and she doesn't take it instead opting to project.

"This song is a little demanding for your instruments so I'll go easy on ya body. We don't move until he says and If the elevator tries to bring ya down. Me, Andre, Miko and Wendy will kneel. Always facing into the stage. Everyone else you'll just kind of squat in place. Pop up when he says Go Crazy. Then the rest of the songs is mostly rocking and stopping. We come in with the guitar. I'll raise me hand every time we stop and lower it when we start. Always start with your right foot. Any questions?"

"When do I come in?" I ask through partially gritted teeth.

"I figured you'd want to interact with the crowd through the intro so you start rocking with the guitar." She glares at me and glare back. "You can start now." She says moving away from me but still staying where everyone can see her. "Watch me for cues. Remember always start to the right." Fink plays the intro and I recite my words. She turns to face them so they can follow her and she can watch them. I watch as she dips with my words hitting each cue. It comes time for us to start rocking she starts with her left leg inverting the moves to make them match everyone else since she's facing them.