Wake Up

Genevieve's POV

My eyes flutter open and I am acutely aware that I'm not in my apartment. An arm around my waist moves and I scream getting out of the bed.

"What? What's wrong? W-what happened?" Prince says jumping out of bed standing on high alert. Immediately grabbing his head afterwards.

"Why are we in bed together?!"

Prince's POV

I rub my temples and focus on remembering all the details I can. She crosses her arms around her body and jumps when she realizes she isn't in the outfit she came in.

"Relax, that's my shirt. We we're both fucked up after the party and I brought you in here to get you something to sleep in. You laid in my bed first. I asked if you wanted your own room. You said no. I asked if you wanted me to sleep somewhere else. You said no. You don't remember anything about last night?" She closes her eyes and attempts to recall anything she can.

"I remember talking to you about your divorce. Then you asked me to work on the movie. It's a little blurry after that. Last thing I remember is standing in the elevator and being mad because you wouldn't tell me where we were going."

"Do you remember performing with us?"

"N-no."

"Do you remember anything we talked about?" She looks left to right as if the memories are written on the walls.

"No but I do remember us standing behind that big black thing."

"Wait, what time is it?" I pick up the clock on my nightstand and feel the panic seep into my body. "It's 12:47! We have a meeting with Albert about your contract in 13 minutes and rehearsal in a little over a hour!"

"Prince, how can I face these people in the clothes I had on last night?!" A knock on the door scares us both. She quickly walks over and sits on the dresser behind the door.

"Uhh, come in?" The words lack confidence as they spring from my mouth. Ronnie opens the door and stands in the doorway.

"Sir, the director called and asked to reschedule the meeting. He apologizes for the inconvenience but he's having car trouble and it stranded on the other side of the state."

"That's fine. I'll call him to schedule a new meeting. Thank you."

"Also, you wanted me to remind you to take Genevieve to the guitar shop." I panic and look at her. She silently points to the door and asks me to focus. I watch as Ronnie tries to put two and two together. He chuckles a little. "I know she's here."

"How?"

"You called the security phone and told me she was staying here and that you were going to take her home in the morning. You said you wanted me to know in case I saw her wandering the halls." I don't remember calling him but I'm glad I did.

"Come in and shut the door." He walks forward and pushes the door closed behind him. He looks over at Genevieve and smiles.

"Nice to meet you." She grins seeming unbothered by his presence now.

"Nice to meet you too." He nods back.

"Okay, we need to get you out of here and back before everyone arrives for rehearsal."

"I only live like 10 minutes away and the meeting with Tyson is cancelled. Why can't someone just take me home? I'll just change and drive back in my car.

"That's perfect. I'll take you." I turn to Ronnie and his face drops.

"Sir, Mayte is on the premises."

"I should of whooped her ass when I had the chance."

"You already beat her up once. That was plenty."

"I'll take her, sir. I'll just take her through the security entrance in one of the vans." Ronnie is another person who doesn't really like Mayte. He was always respectful of course but she wasn't and that was the problem.

"Perfect. Show her to the guest bathroom so she can change. I'll go handle Mayte."

Genevieve scoops up her clothes and follows Ronnie into the hallway. He takes his usual post in the hallway near my door and I make my way downstairs. The door swings open and I see her. She's grinning from ear to ear.

"Baby", she whines, "why aren't you dressed? Rehearsal starts in an hour."

"You shouldn't be here, Mayte. I told you I want nothing to do with you." She walks up to me wrapping her arms around me.

"You didn't really mean it. Besides who else will get you ready before rehearsal?" She licks her lips smirks unbuttoning my shirt. I take careful steps away from her and create some distance between us.

"I don't need that kind of help anymore. Right know what I need is time and clarity."

"Time isn't a divorce besides you always said you thought better after we had sex." She steps closer to me adjusting the collar on my shirt.

"I need time to think about what I want from life but I know it's not you. You're a cruel, manipulative person and I don't like how you treat people."

"It wasn't all bad...was it?" She asks touching my exposed chest.

"And that! Everything isn't an opportunity for sex."

"This is about that chubby secretary girl isn't it?"

"Why do you talk about her like that?"

"Like what?" She scoffs.

"Like she's not a person. Like she's beneath you. Have you always been like this?"

"Baby, she isn't even your type."

"But Morris is yours?"

"Morris and I... we want the same things. You can't even understand what she's saying."

Genevieve's POV

I change my clothes and quickly follow Ronnie through the house.

"Thank you for getting me out of here." I say as we climb into the SUV.

"No problem. I don't like her either."

"Why not?"

"She treated us all poorly. She never even learned my staffs names."

"That's terrible."

"Yea, well. I was glad to find out you dealt with her." He chuckles.

"You know about the fight?"

"One of the maids heard the boss talking to someone about it on the phone and rushed to tell everyone else. We all think she got what she deserves."

"I think she deserves more."

"Don't worry about it, Miss Genevieve. Karma will get her."

"How do you know my name?"

"Sometimes the boss and I talk about what's going on in our lives. We're similar in that we don't share much but we share with each other sometimes. He told me the day you arrived on set. Told me you'd never had a pop tart and thought it was too sweet. He told me you seemed fun and that he's never met someone so genuinely nice." I smile happy to hear he thinks we'll of me.

"So, he does have someone to talk to. That's good."

"Only a little. He and I still keep it professional. I think he could use one more person in his corner." I let his words sink in as the car comes to a stop. I hop out and make my way inside.

"Thank you again for the ride, Ronnie."

"Anytime, Miss Genevieve."