Come Clean

Genevieve's POV

After breakfast, we agree to spend the day watching movies. In the living room sits the only tv in the house. He bought it for me, knowing I love laying in the couch and watching tv after a long day. He sent Ronnie out to buy a vcr and snacks and get movies from Blockbuster. Right now we're just talking to pass the time.

"Can I get a hint?"

"No I'm not telling you what movies I picked?"

"Can you tell me what genres you picked?"

"I just picked some of the movies you told me you've never seen."

"But that's like every movie!" He smirks wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It's not like we're gonna be watching them anyway." He kisses me and I feel myself melting under his touch. "I think we'll be...distracted."

"You just want to keep me all to yourself."

"Is it that obvious?"

"So, what's all this?" Another voice calls from across the room. I gasp and cover my mouth as Andre appears in the doorway "You're gonna have a hell of a time covering those." He laughs.

"Man, what are you doing here?"

"I told you I was coming to pick up those updated CDs for everybody."

"They're...uh... in the studio." I wrap myself in the blanket feeling embarrassed and exposed.

"You go with him. I'm gonna go get something drink." I get up from the couch and wave at Andre. He waves back and I quickly head for the kitchen.

Prince's POV

"But she ain't your girl right?" He smirks walking deeper into the room.

"Who let you in here?"

"We not talking about me. We talking about the fact that both y'all necks look like y'all got into a fight."

"We can talk about it when we get into the studio." He follows me through the house snickering.

"She got your back too? Oh y'all been having fun!"

"Would you shut up?! Get in here and I'll tell you what happened." He walks into the studio and has a seat on the couch. I sit in my usual chair, the cold plastic feeling good on my scratch marks.

"So you gonna admit y'all fucking now?"

"We still aren't."

"I refuse to believe you getting scratched up from kisses on the cheek."

"She's a virgin and she's waiting til marriage." I say in frustration.

"And you're okay with that?" He chuckles. "I mean obviously you are." He gestures to my neck before crossing his arms. "Why do you keep picking virgins? You know how you are!" It's true. Mayte was a virgin when we got married but it wasn't her choice. Her mother was strict and told us we had to wait. She tried to get me to break the promise I made to her mother for months but I wouldn't. I didn't want to start things with a lie.

"Mayte was trynna fuck me before we got married."

"And Genevieve isn't? Bro, look at your neck."

"I know it looks bad but you've got to hear me out. Genevieve isn't waiting until marriage because shes religious or she's scared or her parents told her to. She made a promise to herself that she'd never let a man she couldn't trust touch her again. Some guy tried it when she was in high school. She stopped everything. She didn't have her first kiss until she was 21 because she wanted to be sure she was making the right decision with the right guy."

"What does that say about you?"

"I told you I want to marry her. I've known for a while now but maybe she's feeling that way too. She told me I make her feel different and she makes me feel different too."

"Different how?"

"Mayte was just another piece of ass. She was just the piece of ass I married but Genevieve she's got something I need."

"Like what?"

"I don't even know! Its just something in her walk, in the way she moves. Its something in the way she talks to me and says my name. I don't want anyone or anything else." Andre sits for a second and thinks. He looks me in my eyes and tries to figure out if I'm serious. He leans closer to me examining my eyes. We're both great liars after years of getting in trouble together. He's one of the only people who can catch me when I'm not telling the truth. When he sees I am he leans back on the couch crossing his arms again.

"That's still doesn't tell me why y'all look like that."

"She's staying with me for a couple days cuz she's burnt out. We've both been working really hard and I thought we could use a break. We agreed to put everything on hold for a couple days and just hang out. She got in late after going dress shopping with Apollonia and them. I took her upstairs we changed into night clothes and I laid down. Normally she just lays next to me and gets real close but she sat in my lap. She started kissing me and I was holding her ass and I lost it. You know those shorts that feel like windbreakers?"

"Yea."

"She had those on and I just had on some basketball shorts. She was close to me man. I felt something and she felt something too. She liked it and she wanted to explore what she was feeling. So, I let her. I got a little carried away and I completely fucked up her shoulder. I apologized but she said she likes that kind of stuff!"

"Damn not a freak and a virgin."

"Crazy right?"

"Okay so what happened to you?"

"Well last night she was holding onto my shoulders."

"And this morning she was holding your back?" He says trying to be funny. I look away embarrassed and he punches me in my shoulder. "You can't be serious?" I punch him back before I start to explain.

"It started out like last night. She was sitting and I was holding her. A while back she told me she's been built like that since high school. She started kissing on me and got me talking about the way I used to bring girls home." I can't help but shake my head feeling embarrassed that I'm telling him all this but he's my best friend and I tell him everything. "She was going crazy so I pushed her onto the bed and lost control."

"You need to hurry up and marry her. This tension is gonna kill y'all."

"If she likes it I love it."

"You was gonna love it anyway." I shrug and hand him the CDs as we both head to the door. "I'll make sure everyone gets a copy."

"Thanks, man."

"And don't worry I'll keep y'all's nasty little secret." He pays my back as he heads down the hallway. He knows his way around the house so there's no point in following him out. I decide to just take the another route to the kitchen. I find Genevieve still in hiding, she's wrapped the blanket around her entire body with nothing but her face exposed and sitting in the counter.

"He's gone." I smile standing between her legs resting my hands in her thighs. "You can come out now."

"How embarrassing and I know you told him. I'll never be able to talk to him again."

"What makes you so sure I told him?"

"He's your best friend. Besides you were up there for 15 minutes."

"Well, you're right but I had to. He's been on my ass and I had to come clean."

"I don't know what I'm going to tell Apples."

"When will you see her next?"

"Not until Monday but she has a way of knowing when I'm keeping a secret." A door opens and closes in the distance. Ronnie makes an appearance shortly after. He places the stack of movies in the counter along with a bag of your typical movie theater candy and a bottle of Coke.

"I also go these." He says with a half smile placing another bag on the table. I reach in the bag and laugh feeling what it is. I pull out the reusable ice pack and Prince laughs too before placing them in the freezer.