A Dark Day

Prince's POV

It's our final days on set and I've never been so conflicted. I'm excited for the movie to be finished so the world can see it, I'm happy I had the chance to participate in it, I'm definitely glad I won't have to wake up as early in the morning but, I'm still sad I won't see everyone anymore. Sure the band and I will start practicing for our tour eventually but there will be several months of just waiting to hear when the premiere is.

As I sit in hair and makeup I think it all over, only to be interrupted by a pat on the back. I look up and see Andre holding a pastry in his other hand.

"Hey, man. I haven't seen you since we went out. I tried to call but you never answered! How'd it go with G?"

"Sorry, Andre. I've just been thinking about this movie. Can you believe we really did it?"

"We ain't done yet! I gotta admit I'm a little surprised he wants us to redo Purple Rain but, I guess it's better to have more takes than you need." I shrug not feeling too upset about the extra day of filming on the schedule. At least we get paid. "But, don't change the subject. Tell me about you and G!"

"Well, after we left y'all at the restaurant I told her how I was feeling. If we truly are dating then I don't want her to worry about anything. She's not my girl, not yet but, I told her to stop fighting with me about picking up checks."

"What she say?"

"She asked me if I'd buy her drinks. I said yes. Then she asked me if we could get snacks at the gas station and I said yes. We walked in grabbed some stuff and headed to the lounge. Great pick by the way."

"Y'all got there pretty early. It is a really nice spot."

"She picked our tables while I got us drinks and I immediately saw a bunch of dudes staring at her. Some guy approached her and she gave him the cold shoulder. He didn't leave til I walked over. We sat and rapped y'know? Just kinda felt the place out. Anything happen after we left?"

"Nah, we all just finished eating and headed over. Mayte was pissed and gave Morris hell the rest of the time they were at the restaurant." He climbs into his chair as the artist approaches to tame his hair.

"Did they come to the lounge?"

"Yea, I guess you wouldn't have noticed. You was too busy making out on the dance floor."

"It was not all that."

"I'm just playin' but, y'all look real good together."

"I think so, too." I smile.

"What'd y'all get into after y'all left?"

"We went back to my place, opened the wine, danced around in our pjs and then talked until we fell asleep. She stayed for breakfast the next day and I took her home around 4."

"She was there that long? You must really like her."

"I told you man. This feels different in every way."

"What're you gonna do when you can't see her everyday?"

"We have plans." I shrug. "I'm taking her to the movies later this week." A figure stands in the open door and we shift our focus.

"Oh hey, Wendy."

"Hey, have you seen Genevieve? She was supposed to be here over an hour ago they need her to fix something with Apollonia 6."

"Nope, haven't seen her." Andre shrugs. Then, they both turn to me.

"Don't look at me, I haven't seen her either. She told me she was driving herself today."